Lupron | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-09-2002, 10:39 AM
Lupron

My hysterectomy is scheduled for 4/22. It is supposed to be a LAVH, but then again, who knows what one might wake up with.My doctor has suggested I take Lupron after surgery. My question to all sisters out there is this...has anyone experienced adverse side effects from Lupron? I researched it and read that depression was a major side effect. I am bi-polar, post-traumatic stress disordered, and suffer from severe depression. Does it make sense for me to take Lupron? Does it make sense NOT to?
Terrigrrl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Hi Terri

I have no personal experience with Lupron. However I have read alot of threads here. You might want to do a search using the purple button in the upper right corner of this page. Just type in Lupron and you should get alot of hits.
Also, please ask your doctor about the side effects and how they will effect your other medical conditions.
Good luck.
Unread 04-09-2002, 10:44 AM
Lupron

I was on Lupron prior to my THA/BSO in 10/01. I don't understand why you would be put on it after surgery. I do not recommend it if your already have stress and depression as it was very hard on me --- mood wise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 11:01 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Terrigrrl! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site on the Web! Sorry to hear you will have to have a hyst--is it due to endometriosis? I haven't heard of women here who have been given Lupron after their hyst, but it may be used to try to completely "kill" the endo. Here is a past thread where the gals are discussing side effects. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ghlight=lupron You should ask your dr if you can take anything (like low-dose estrogen or progesterone) to counter the side effects. As Shelley said, make sure your dr understands your emotional state and how Lupron might affect it. Feel free to post any questions you have, and we'll try to answer them. s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 04-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Lupron

I have been on lupron twice. I would not recommend taking lupron if you already have problems with being depressed. I hate taking lupron. These are the side affects that it has cause me: Naseua, severe mood swings, severe hot flashes. I don't feel like myself. I don't understand why your doctor would want to put you on lupron after your surgery. My doctor explaine to me that lupron is used to stop all hormones. It effectively puts you into complete menopause. It is supposed to help stop growth of cysts, endo, and any tumors. I am on my second round of lupron and I hate it. I am scheduled for a hyst on April 19th and my doctor told me that I wouldn't have to take it anymore. As my personal experience, I would not recommend it.
Unread 04-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Lupron

Welcome...I was on lupron for 6 months last year...I have also never heard of it after the surgery..I also suggest talking to your doc about it! I had terrible side effects from lupron: hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, insomnia, and fatigue...I have a slight form of depression and it was not easy for me to handle lupron..I did it in hopes of it working, but two months after I was done...all my problems came back!! Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register