1 week post op my advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) > Hints from Members

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post op my advice 1 week post op my advice

Unread 09-16-2015, 01:58 AM
1 week post op my advice

My advice.. as scared as u are.. just know its no where near as bad as u think.. it really is ok.. i was feeling amazing up until 1week and then ive just been sore but nothing major.. my best advice is to eat light and take tons of stool softeners more than 3 a day! I was only taking 3 and got backed up and it wasnt easy.. but dont be discouraged.. just eat light until ur first bowel happens.. also if it hurts when u pee after day 1 thats not ok.. my fellow hyster sister dealt with this toe curling pain when she went pee and finally found out she had an infection.. a little burning after a cath is normal but if its killing u to go please talk to ur dr asap... u dont need to suffer for no reason...

The binder vs no binder thing... ask ur hospital staff for one.. i used mine the entire week and loved it now im not using it.. my friend didnt use one and was fine.. but still ask ur staff for one just incase that way u have one if u want to use it i told my surgeon i wanted one right before surgery and they made sure i had one on when i woke up

It really isnt bad on the other side.. its so worth it..my 24/7 migraines were gone instantly after surgery.. i felt normal again for the 1st time in 4yrs.. just the past few days ive had headaches like before but Im not giving up hope though.. it was nice to feel normal again and pain free but i knew there would ve an adjustment period for my body and that i may still have the painful headaches for a bit after surgery... my cycle would be due in 2 days so im thinking the hormones left in me are whats causing them.. they arent nearly as bad though or as long lasting..

Rest as much as u can.. its so worth it.. thake ur ime with that 1st shower or 2 and dont fret about needing help.. if u have no one to help its ok just go slow.. i can pretty much wash my whole body aside from my back and legs.. if i was able to sit in my show i could manage those.. but really dont fret.. the most important thing is taking it easy.. if u live alone one of those shower pouf on a stick would help u tons to get ur back and legs... i could care less about those parts i mainly just wanted my hair clean..

If u have stairs use them as little as possible.. its hard work using stairs and uses muscles too.. my legs are still shaky goin up and down and i only do it once a day now that im 1 week out.. i stayed upstairs in my room same floor as the shower for the entire 1st week..

Biggest advice.. take it easy.. dont do anything.. just walk and relax.. let ur body heal.. u will feel amazing.. i questioned if i even had surgery bc i felt so great.. but take it easy u dont wanna set urself back.. eat light take ur stool softeners and drink lots of water.. if u end up needing help going the chery flavored milk of magnesia isnt so bad and drink lots of water with it.. .. ur gonna love it on the other side.. so far ive had barely any menopause symptoms and what i did have was brief and wasnt so bad.. please just relax and enjoy this mini vacation!!

It really will be ok.. i was so scared and so stressed about surgery and after and it ended up so much better than i ever imagined.. dont read post op issues and stress urself out.. even after surgery dont think of everything that could go wrong.. if ur having an issue find related posts or make one but dont go worrying u will have every issue every other person had... everyone is different.. ive had it easy so far.. my friend had a rough go but still aside from her 1 issue peeing shes had a great time..

I know this is rambly and all over the place i have a headache right now.. i hope this has eased ur mind a little bit.. it really will be ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register