Are there staples with a LSH? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are there staples with a LSH? Are there staples with a LSH?

Unread 02-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Are there staples with a LSH?

I just read a post regarding staples and now I am very scared--are there staples in LSH?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2005, 05:22 PM
LSH??????

im sorry but what is an LSH? I was just reading your post because i am curious to see what kind of Hysterectomys have staples and which dont as well.
Unread 02-06-2005, 05:58 PM

I am having a TAH on Wednesday. I had a C-section 3 years ago. I had staples with the C-section, but am having stitches this time. I asked my doctor and he aggreed to do stitches. I am allergic to adhesive, so I can't have the tabs to hold it together after taking out the staples. I would think though that if you discuss this with your doctor and any apprehensions you may have with the staples, he/she might be open to any other alternative. Good luck on your surgery.

Marie
just hanging in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2005, 06:01 PM
staples

When I've had laproscopic surgery before, I've had stitches. But if your doctor says stapes, they really aren't that bad. Some doctors, I've heard, have a cool little magnetic device to remove them and you dont even feel it. If it bothers you, go buy yourself a present afterwards. Thats what I did.
Unread 02-06-2005, 06:19 PM

Hi Ayers,

I am 9 1/2 months post op from my LSH and I did not have staples.

I had two small hip incisions and a belly button incision. Some ladies have a small 4th incision around the vagina area.

As far as I understand, my cervix was stitched and cauterized. I never had to do anything special for the cervix. From what I understand, the cervical stitches just dissolve with time.

Hope that helps.

Mary
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:38 PM

Hi!

I had my LSH 10 months ago. I had two incisions near my hips and one in my belly button. All were less than 1/2 inch long and stitched with dissolvable stitches and steri-strips. I had a 4th incision just above my pubic hair that was about 1 inch long. Again, it was sealed with dissolvable stiches and steri-strips.

I am thrilled that I had this procedure! I have not had regrets once as I have truly regained the quality of my life.

Good luck with your decisions!
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:49 PM

NO staples here! Just SteriStrips on my four port "incisions." I did have a few skin stitches.

Reggae

LSH on 9/21/04
Unread 02-06-2005, 09:00 PM

Same as WonderWoman for me. Had LSH on 1/28, 4 small incisions with stitches that dissolve.
Unread 02-07-2005, 05:16 AM

Hi,

I had the dissolvable stitches on each of my incisions (3 of them) and then had Dermabond put over each one. This was great as I could see the incisions, take a shower without worry, and didn't have to worry about band-aids or anything else.

The Dermabond is a glue that is put on wounds. It flakes off as the weeks go by, and I think by week 3 mine were completely free of glue. The incision sites have healed really nicely too.

Best of luck! This is a good question to ask your doctor at pre-op, especially how to care for the incision sites so they don't become infected.
Unread 02-07-2005, 05:43 PM

Thank you all so much--this is 1 less thing to have to worry about---LSH is Lapraoscip(sp) Supercervical Hysterectomy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register