TAH Scar tissue question - 7.5 weeks post op | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scar tissue question - 7.5 weeks post op Scar tissue question - 7.5 weeks post op

Unread 03-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Scar tissue question - 7.5 weeks post op

Question: Does anyone else have a hard spot of scar tissue still? The rest of my belly feels perfectly normal and still not having had my post op appointment, I was wondering if anyone else has the same thing? right now it is about the size of a hard ball but in the shape of a football...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Re: Scar tissue question - 7.5 weeks post op

That is a pretty good size lump. I would call and try to see the doctor soon. I had scar tissue in a rope shape under my incision and that lasted a few months but with massage it mostly disappeared. You might be looking at something other than scar tissue if it is that big. The doctor will be able to tell you what it is.
Unread 03-25-2012, 04:11 PM

Massage? I am enter week 4 and I have a hard spot just above and under my incision in only 1 spot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaguk View Post
Massage? I am enter week 4 and I have a hard spot just above and under my incision in only 1 spot
I used a nice oil or body lotion and gently rubbed the area in linear and circular motions. It seemed to really help flatten the lump under the skin. I did this once my incision was fully healed.
Unread 03-26-2012, 06:07 AM

I have been to the family doc and without u/s he thinks it may just be scar tissue. I see my surgeon on Friday for post op appt. Was supposed to be today but they had to resched due to a surgery. Don't want to keep going to family doc if they can't tell me. It does kind of feel like scar tissue but I have been massaging and the rest has gone back to normal just this one spot in particular. I have had two post op infections and have been in regularly to family doc this will be my first visit to surgeon on Fri. I am just getting nervous b/c it isn't getting any smaller or changing in feel either...
Unread 03-26-2012, 05:33 PM

When was your surgery? Mine was March 5th...I"ll give me scar a few more days to heal then I"ll start to massage it! THanks for the suggestion!
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
When was your surgery? Mine was March 5th...I"ll give me scar a few more days to heal then I"ll start to massage it! THanks for the suggestion!
My surgery was Jan 31st and I have my first post op appt this afternoon. I am going to ask about the lump I have. It still hasn't gotten any smaller but when I try to massage it I get aches on either side of my abdomen like something is twisted. I do find that if I lay on the side that is all achy it feels a little bit better.
Unread 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM

Let me know how you make out!
Unread 04-02-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Let me know how you make out!
Hey there! So I went to see the doctor on Friday and she said that it was just scar tissue, it would take time to break up and that I was restricted from lifting/vacuuming/laundry for another 4 weeks to make sure I don't do any damage but otherwise I have healed really well. She knows me well and told me just to take it slow and not rush anything.
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Thank you for filling me in.
I hope thats my issue as well. I just noticed that I have another spot under my incision. Its round and hard. I sure hope it's just scar tissue that will heal!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register