Hi everyone - I'm a new graduate and wanted to introduce myself | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi everyone - I'm a new graduate and wanted to introduce myself Hi everyone - I'm a new graduate and wanted to introduce myself

Unread 07-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone - I'm a new graduate and wanted to introduce myself

First time posting in the "POST" board.

A little background on me - I found out quite by accident that I had a huge tumor in my uterus (close to the size of a football). Never felt a thing! No pain, discomfort, heaving bleeding. The only thing that was puzzling me was why my belly was always sticking out so far.

On July 13th I underwent a TAH and had one ovary removed. Thank goodness I got to keep one, at least. My surgeon again said she cannot understand how I felt no pain, because the ovary she removed was totally scarred up from cysts. She thinks I have an unusually high pain threshhold. That probably explains that once I feel pain, its usually to such a level that pain control is difficult - had that problem all my life.

The coolest thing is that my surgeon did like a mini tummy tuck. I had a vertical C-secitn scar that left some horrible indentions at the bottom of the scar and it was quite disfigured. She cut out a little ellipse of skin and all that is gone now. I can't believe it!

So, now I am ready for the long haul to recovery. I can tell it will take a while. I almost feel more sore today than I did yesterday, but I think thats pretty normal. I think by tomorrow or the day after I should feel at least some improvement.

Ok, I better stop before this turns into a novel. Thanks, sisters! Without you and this site, I would have never been so well-prepared.

((((Hugs))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2005, 10:31 AM

Just wanted to say hi!

Glad to hear you had a successful surgery and the always nice added touch of a tuck! Lucky gal!

Best wishes on your continued successful recovery. Take care of yourself and rest, rest, rest like a princess should!

Best wishes,

Sarah

Unread 07-16-2005, 11:41 AM

Welcome to the other side! Sounds like things went well for you. I would have loved a tuck! And what a good attitude you have. That will help in your recovery. Be careful with that high pain tolerance of yours that you don't over-do. Happy Healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2005, 12:15 PM

DNA... I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Just take it easy and REST.. And you are a very lucky woman to have had the tuck. Wish I could have had it done too. God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register