3.5 weeks.. Fleshy clot passed!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3.5 weeks.. Fleshy clot passed!?! 3.5 weeks.. Fleshy clot passed!?!

Unread 08-22-2013, 06:49 PM
3.5 weeks.. Fleshy clot passed!?!

Hi! I'm 3.5 weeks out, had/have a hematoma at the top of my vag cuff. since day 11.. Got on an antiobiotic.. bleeding picked up yesterday. Called the doc- got told its probably the hematoma finally passing, call if fever and filling a pad..etc..

Went to the restroom, wiped and noticed that there was a clump! It is the size of my fingernail, fleshy, almost like a piece of fat meat in texture consistency. I'm thinking the hematoma would be more blood, not a clump..

Bleeding seems the same, still crampy like I've been since yesterday, no additional pain, no fever..

Anyone have this happen???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Re: 3.5 weeks.. Fleshy clot passed!?!

I have not had this happen, but what else could it be? Was there any packing left in?
Call your Dr and ask him/her to explain what the hematoma should look like.
Best of luck
Hugs and healing
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthyhealthy View Post
I have not had this happen, but what else could it be? Was there any packing left in?
Call your Dr and ask him/her to explain what the hematoma should look like.
Best of luck
Hugs and healing
Thanks!

I know right?! I've been all over the boards looking for others who may have seen this and all I see is those that say they have fleshy blood clots, that seem similar to what I have.. Maybe its that. She did say that the hematoma would clot and heal or drip out slowly while the sutures heal. I don't know what to think.

Still no pain, fever and my bleeding is the same from before this "clot". I'm going to call the doc and see. DH thinks it's the hematoma clot.. He's also read some articles online, I think he just does not want to go back to the ER again... Funny how he became the expert but I'm not.. Lol

Healing to you too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2013, 05:41 AM

Hey Jcandjaz,

How are you going with this? I hope you're feeling ok. Did you get hold of your doc to find out what it could have been?

Hope things are going ok for you .

x
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartdream View Post
Hey Jcandjaz,

How are you going with this? I hope you're feeling ok. Did you get hold of your doc to find out what it could have been?

Hope things are going ok for you .

x
Hi! Well I'm having heavy bleeding, still passing clots. The doctor says its all "normal" for passing a cuff hematoma. I go for a follow up appointment in 2 days. I just can't wait for it to stop and be normal again.
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:20 AM

Hi Jc.

I had the same thing..disgusting..still disgusting
My clots weren't really huge, small like you said. Have the same cuff hematoma. My drainage started on 8-15 went to Dr on 8-19 and am still draining. It's not bad now but a completely disgusting brown. Dr told me it would turn this disgusting color at the end of the draining but to not be surprised if it lasted over a week.
I'm so ready for it to be over. It's so gross lol

I had some cramping in the beginning, not bad but annoying.

At least we can be disgusting together UGH!
Happy Healing!
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:40 AM

I passed a small clot last night too. I had been spotting all day and noticed some stitches on my toilet paper. I did not experience any pain, but I was scared when I saw this. No heavy bleeding present only spotting. It was only one clot. I called my doctor and he told me that was a normal part of healing unless the bleeding was heavy and I experienced pain. That put me at ease because it can be scary. Said if I felt uncomfortable to see him on Monday.

Wishing you a good recovery.
Unread 08-25-2013, 03:38 PM

I am at 3.5 weeks with TLAH. was feeling great then I had to go into urgent care yesterday afternoon because my heavy bleeding started. I too had large clots coming out. They, too, looked "fleshy". The dr said she was not too concerned about the clots. She was more concerned about the bleeding. Why? Because the constant bleeding is what is causing the clots. Blood will coagulate inside the vagina then fall out as a clot. What they needed to do is find out why I was bleeding. The OB on call came to look at me & he found that I had a veinal bleed (vein was bleeding due to stitches desolving). He cauterized it with silver nitrate. Now I am just taking it easy today. He did tell me that my walking earlier that day did not contribute to my bleeding, that I would have started bleed even if I was sitting around. I am just getting a little bit of spotting which is normal. Hoping I don't need to go in for surgery to get stitches on my Vcuff. Hope you get better. Yes it is scary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register