LAVH 7 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling sore | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling sore 7 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling sore

Unread 04-21-2017, 02:36 AM
7 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling sore

Hi Im new to signing up to this forum but have read alot of things on here about hysterectomys before my surgery
I have had a pretty good recovery , no bleeding or discoloured discharged and pain has also been very good . I did alot of walking after my surgery .
I was cleared to return to work at the 6 week mark I however I work on a train as im a train hostess so theres alot of movement throughout the day alot of rocking and rolling so to speak I was coming home exhausted everyday day and sleeping for like1 hour after day 3 I was getting sore by day 4 I was very sore I had one days rest then worked again and now IM really sore like I have gone 10 steps back in recovery , pain as in a pulling sensation whiich my dr said it was normal but im worried about the strong pain in my pelivc area and pain in and around my scars , is this normal ? I did wake after surgery to massive pain in my pelvic area and the Dr said it was like i gave birth to a new born baby as the fibroid was that big should i be worried about the pain im getting since returning to work. Would love some feed back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Re: 7 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling sore

My hubs is a railfan, and we've been on train excursions before. It takes a surprising amount of core work to stay on your feet AND keep your balance on a moving floor (with forward motions, swaying, grades that the tracks are on, and the locomotive itself starting from a full stop). Normally we wouldn't notice how our abs are working to keep our balance, but after surgery, I can definitely see where that could put a strain on the core muscles. It's like doing a standing abs routine for core strengthening.

For me, doing an activity for the first time post-op would often be rewarded with soreness/dull aches and a bit of additional swelling - some activities more than others. From 8-12 weeks whenever I'd do something which really engaged my abs (power washing the house, heaving a 24 pack of soda over my head, body surfing at the beach), the same thing would happen. Last time at the mat with it was at 5 months after doing a short but intense abs workout.

Is there any way you can take shorter shifts, or take some breaks to recline and put your feet up while on board - or not take as many days in a row? It could be that you'll be okay again after a few days rest over the weekend, but if not, talk to your doctor some more about it, especially if the pain is getting worse or you start spotting or bleeding.

Unread 04-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Re: 7 weeks post hysterectomy and feeling sore

Hi Cussette ,

Thank you for your feed back I do feel alot better knowng it could be due to using my stomach muscles I did think it could be that but wasnt sure My first 4 days back was really hard I had 3 days to recover then back to work the first shift back after having 3 days off i was sore I put a heat pack on and went to bed i felt great in the morning that day at work the pain wasnt bad , today im feeling really good . As im on a rotating roster i cant change the amount of days i work in a row but i will just use my heat packs at night if im really sore . I do have a dr app on monday just to confirm its my stomach muscles im over using with work and theres nothing wrong .

warmest wishes

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register