I feel out of it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel out of it I feel out of it

Unread 07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
I feel out of it

Hey systers
I am in the same surreal world many of you are in right now. I am not sure what pain comes from where and what. I have a horizontal incision and I am a fluffy girl and the pain feel like a paperweight placed across the incision. Is it swelling and I am doing too much or amd I doing too little?

Thing is I have more pain than most people tell me they have. I try to use advil or tylenol rather than use the heavy stuff but the truth is I am happier person on percoset. ( I know who wouldn't be) I sleep without pain and function in little pain. There are actually times when I can spend time not in pain. Am I wrong to be still wanting to be pain free regardless of what everyone else is doing? I picture other systers out marching up and down the street in their workout clothes, breathing deeply and eating only things that are good for them.
I know, I know we all go at our own pace but I am lost right now, please back me up and offer me any advice you can. I know I should call that pompus gyno of mine but I don't want to seem stupid.
Thanks to you all
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I feel out of it

Don't feel bad about not wanting to be in pain .... trust me ... its better for you to rest and keep the pain to a minimum .. I tried not taking my pain meds the second week .... woah .. big mistake ... I ended up hurting more ...

Not all of us are sporting our workout clothes .. I walk around walmart ... and I've walked around a carnival on the fourth ..but I tried going on a mile long walking path we have here in our town ... and I barely got a fourth of the way around and I was in pain.. Just take it easy and take care of yourself.. the swelling does go down .. mine's slowly going away and I'm 4wks post op
Unread 07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I feel out of it

Donna,
We all heal differently. You're still just a week or so out from surgery. My surgery was on a Thursday, I came home on Sunday and I was still taking a percocet over a week after I got home. Take 'em if you've got 'em!
And as far as picturing other sisters in their workout clothes out walking....you'll walk when you feel better. Don't do it too soon. Take small steps.
And that part about eating good food? Donuts are good food in my book!
Hang in there and don't spend time comparing yourself to others....remember we're all different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I feel out of it

thanks very much,
I actually felt bad after posting because it might have seemed I was putting down others that had done so well. If it came across that way I am sorry.
I went and got the mail tonight. ( weird thing there is that I am a mail carrier) My DH watched from the porch like I was a 1st grader going off to school. Cried like a baby when an aunt I had not bother to see in ages, sent me a card.
For some reason, I feel so much comfort in the company of women right now. Men can say all the right things but women tend to read my weirdness coming on faster right now.
I will see my family Dr tomorrow and he will give me more percs or whatever I want. He isn't a pusher but doesn't believe in letting me suffer either.
Thanks again
Donna
Thanks again to my sisters on here as I cannot find the understanding I find here, elsewhere. Thanks to whomever came up with this internet business, you gave me my DH and saved me so much during this!!!
Unread 07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I feel out of it

dear bucko64, I still need my meds (milder than percs) and i am four weeks out. Dont short yourself on the pain meds. there is a reason you have them and it is okay to use them to get through this difficult time. You are still in your first week!!

I was a wounded critter that first week! I think you are doing great!!

lala

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register