Do you still have a gown on in the OR for the surgery? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do you still have a gown on  in the OR for the surgery? Do you still have a gown on in the OR for the surgery?

Unread 11-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Do you still have a gown on in the OR for the surgery?

I had a 4 hour wait for my surgery. Surprisingly (to me at least), it was the most calm and relaxed I'd felt in a week. For the first time in a while I felt that nothing was required of me, there was nothing I needed to be doing and everything was beyond my control. I had confidence in my doctor and my DH & sister were waiting with me, so we just talked and laughed a lot.
Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 04:55 PM

What a great thread, I have been so preoccupied the last few weeks. Now the house is clean, bills are paid, pantry/fridge stocked up and I have made a cozy nest to come home to! I am so lucky DH will be able to be with me, he takes super good care and loves to cook . A few things to take care of and I am off to the Castle Tuesday.
Then I started worrying about this very thing, so glad I have all of you wonderful sisters!
Unread 11-11-2007, 05:19 PM

I'm all ready for my procedure tomorrow morning, and I'm hanging out here while getting through my bowel prep. I am glad to hear you can get something for anxiety...I wish I could have it tonight! I don't know how I'll be able to get to sleep. DH and kids are going with me to the hospital so that will be good to have them all there.
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:22 PM

All the best to you tomorrow - that will be me one week from tonight - I'm so glad to read about others' experiences "in the castle" - it has kept my sanity and hopefully yours too!
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:37 PM

Hey Comfortable Lady ... My procedure (TVH) was scheduled for 9:30 am and I didn't have to be there until 8:30 am, which was nice because I could get all my kids off to school that day (4) and then head to the hospital. I was a nervous wreck all the way there (DH can be terrible drivers when you are nervous) and was glad when they gave me "a little something" to relax me. I remember kissing my husband goodbye in the hall (and I was walking w/IV) and then heading into surgery. Don't remember a thing after kissing him goodbye! Had on two gowns, one open in the back, the other as a gown covering the "what you really don't want to see" in the back! Whether or not it was kept on is beyond me. I know when I woke up, I had on many warm covers and I loved them! Pretty groggy and DH met me on the way up to my room. So, watch your shows tonight; know that you won't sleep much tonight (I didn't) and YES, YOU WILL BE THIRSTY ALL NIGHT! Only because you know you're not allowed to have anything to drink I would put water in my mouth and spit it out ... worked well and I did not swallow any water. Also, my theory on the fact that I didn't sleep much the night before was that I would be able to sleep the entire next two days at the hospital Good luck; we're with you all the way sister!
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:41 PM

(((ComfortableLady))) -- Best wishes. Your sisters will be with you, in spirit, through it all!! Just think, by this time tomorrow, surgery will be over and your only focus will be on healing!!!
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:56 PM

Good luck tomorrow. (((hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register