I've been crowned! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've been crowned! I've been crowned!

Unread 08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I've been crowned!

Hi ladies,

I am now a princess!

I think we are supposed to post our story somewhere else - but I just wanted to let all of the wonderful "ladies in waiting" that everything went well.

Obviously, I couldn't tell you one thing about how having your uterus - ovaries and tubes out will affect your body - as I'm just begining recovery.

But I did want you to know a couple of things-

I had LAVH/BSO and I was outpt. I had surgery at 7am and was at home by 2pm same day.

The surgery was fine. I didn't have time to worry the night before thanks to my bowel prep which made me very very sick. I told them when I went in and they gave me meds right away.

Because I had LAVH I did not think I would need the swelly belly band. I can't tell you how much I wish I had it! I would recommend getting it - it seems like it would help with support especially when trying to lay down. I can see how it would be useful for a while too - even supporting your back a little. I really wish I had one.

So - if you have time to order before your trip to the castle - I would so do it!

I was in a pretty good bit of pain yesterday - topped off all of my meds according to the nurse. But I am feeling much better than I thought today (pain wise) I'm keeping myself pretty drugged up though - but can tell I feel a little better today.

I'm pretty swollen, hands and feet too - and peeing kind of hurts a little. But nothing major.

Just wanted you all to know - everything was fine...and I am thinking of all of you who are soon to be crowned and wishing each of you well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I've been crowned!

Welcome home, !!!

Sounds like you're remembering your rigorous Hyster Sisters training -- take your meds, drink your water, take short walks (if you drink enough water, the walks will take care of themselves ), repeat as necessary.

When you're ready, please do post your surgery experience in our Tell Your Hyst-Story forum. We'd love to hear it!

I wish you a speedy, uncomplicated recovery. See you over on the post-op boards!
Unread 08-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I've been crowned!

Thanks for sharing that, esp. since you did it outpatient. I'm having mine done at the ambulatory surgery center and I get one night stay there, and that's worrying me, but it's good to here that yours went so smoothly!
Have a great recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
I've been crowned!

Welcome to the HEALING SIDE and a new beginning...........
Unread 08-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I've been crowned!

Hello Princess Noel33,
I'm suprised how fast you returned to us. Wow, you went to the castle just yesterday! I sure hope I'm able to do just as you. Mine is the same as yours except I'm having a bladder sling also OUCH!!

I sure am glad you posted on the pre-op because as of yet, I don't get on the post-op page much.
I know you have given myself and other ladies in waiting much encouragement. Thanks so much for remembering us. Now get some much needed rest! We will still be here for you when you awaken. ((HUGS))
Pam
Unread 08-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I've been crowned!

Glad you are home and doing well!
Unread 08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
I've been crowned!

Hi, glad to hear everything went well and you're home and on the road to recovery!

Hugs
Unread 08-02-2008, 01:29 AM
I've been crowned!

Wow ... surgery and home the same day! That was fast.
Unread 08-02-2008, 08:43 AM
I've been crowned!

Hi! Glad to hear that everything went well sweetie. Best wishes to you for a healthy and speedy recovery! Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register