Dr. called, surgery this Thursday, only 6 days away! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr. called, surgery this Thursday, only 6 days away! Dr. called, surgery this Thursday, only 6 days away!

Unread 05-18-2001, 08:39 PM
In pain, called Dr. tonite and have been told I will have SURGERY this thurs!!!!!!!

Hi Ladies,
I am in shock! I definetly do not want to sit here in this pain any longer than I have to so I guess I'm glad. I just called an hr. ago, he called me back and said to take pain med vicodin or go to the ER, and that he wants to do the surgery this Thurs.. I have just gotten used to the idea of TAH and now I am going to have it done sooo soon! I guess it works out well because my husband will be off for the holiday weekend.
I'm sure I will be crying later but at least I have something else to think about besides the pain. I'll be posting you all soon.
Thank you Karen and Peanut for your replies!!!!!!! You are all my support right now.
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2001, 03:38 AM
Blessing in Disguise

Hi Jen--This is really a blessing in disguise. You won't have as much time to sit around and think and worry!!! A lot of us have 2 months to mull this process over. Looks like you will be busy planning, and that should keep your mind off of things. It is wonderful too, that your hubby can be off work to be with you. And with the pain changing and getting worse, you really don't need to wait. Sending hugs and prayers of peace for you.
If you start getting a case of the nerves, post again, and all of us sisters here will be there for you. Since they HAVE moved your surgery up, you may want to see if you need to quit taking any other medications, herbal remedies, or vitamins. GOOD LUCK with everything.
Unread 05-19-2001, 08:02 AM
Dr. called, surgery this Thursday, only 6 days away!

Hay Jenjeral,
Sheri is right, this is a blessing! I am four days post op and I am so glad the waiting is over. Once I found out I would have a LAVH-BSO I had to wait 6 weeks and it seemed like an eternity. The waiting put me in a state of limbo where I seemed to sit and vergitate because I was so tired with so much bleeding I couldn't focus. I did make myself continue a routine. ( I even golfed and had my best scores ever.) but the activity took really sapped my energy.

Please look forward to this surgery. No surgery is easy and the recovery is difficult, but when you get it over with you will feel so much better.

Please don't cry. Part of your fear and emotional swings is because you feel so bad physically .

Go for it Girl you will be a real Princess and feel so good!

Best Wishes. Marian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2001, 09:46 AM
May 24!

Hi, Jen!

I, too, am a princess-in-waiting, and my surgery is at 10:00 this coming Thursday I will keep you in my prayers.

Right now, I'm having my last period, and after bleeding and cramping so much, I'm to the point that I can't wait. I can honestly say that I'm not too thrilled about the IV part, etc., but everyone I know says that you feel so much better after the initial process, that I'm getting really excited.

God bless you, and remember, you have a twinkie twin in Oklahoma praying for you!
Unread 05-19-2001, 01:39 PM

{{{Jen}}}

This is all so overwhelming, isn't it? Yet, you already know that this will mean the end of your pain. We've said it before, but it's true: the waiting is the worst part of this surgery. For you, the wait is almost over. Hang in there.

If you ever feel overwhelmed again or feel like crying, you might want to check out the chat room. There are bound to be other as well as crowned ready to lend an understanding ear.

Hang in there
Unread 05-19-2001, 03:12 PM

Hey there Ladies,
Thank you so much for responding. I posted this last night and hadn't heard back from anyone. I was really hyperventilating!!! It's so nice to feel like someone out there cares. jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register