Had my castle pre-op visit | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my castle pre-op visit Had my castle pre-op visit

Unread 09-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Had my castle pre-op visit

First of all, I have to say I love the nurses at the hospital. I had a D&C a few months ago and they were awesome. My favorite nurse did my pre-op screening yesterday. I felt good.

I don't need to do a full bowel prep. Just a Fleets enema the night before. She gave me this plastic breathing contraption that I'm supposed to suck air through to expand my lungs. She gave it to me to practice before the big day. Wow, party favors!

This hospital puts its "ladies" on the OB floor. I'm ok with that because it's brand new and all private rooms.

Do you think I could fill the cup for the urine sample? Nope! Usually that's the last problem I have. I hope they got enough.

My other issue is my thyroid levels. Before my D&C the doc didn't like the level so we had to postpone for a month. I sure hope everything is okay now because I surely don't want to postpone this! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Housecleaning is coming along slowly. I really hate it though.

Now I'm waiting for the pre-op with my doc. That's in a few weeks.

Hang int here, sisters. Our day is coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2007, 02:33 PM

It'll be here and over with before you know it. Good luck! I had great nurses, too, and a really good experience while in the hospital.
Unread 09-08-2007, 02:55 PM

We're all wishing you the very best! So glad you have a wonderful set of nurses at your hospital!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2007, 03:53 PM

I don't have my pre-op visit until the day of surgery.I hope ther3e are no issues. I have not been told about any kind of bowel prep. Should I call my dr. on Monday to ask? How important is that? Just curious.
Unread 09-09-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troplsun
I have not been told about any kind of bowel prep. Should I call my dr. on Monday to ask? How important is that? Just curious.
To be on the safe side, I'd call and ask. Better to be prepared that not, I feel.

I don't actually know how important the bowel prep is just that I've read here that most do some sort of prep the day before.

It'll never hurt to ask the question.
Unread 09-09-2007, 03:48 PM

I had no bowl prep and lots of other sisters the same. Just no food or drink for 10 hours before. It's amazing how many different ways there are to do the same thing!

Good luck and speedy recoveries!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register