Swelly belly game--Your turn! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly belly game--Your turn! Swelly belly game--Your turn!

Unread 08-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Swelly belly game--Your turn!

5 months post and I'm glad that I read some of the swelly belly game posts! Geez, I thought I was crazy that my belly is still so swollen and soooo itchy. I feel like I'm raking my skin off some nights. Most clothes that were loose around the waist are tight still, but I praise God that I can button them now. Trying to do some ab workouts now, but yep, it hurts still. Does anyone get pains inside? I feel sometimes like ovary is still in there and ovulating. Is that a fantom pain?

God bless all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2005, 06:17 PM

Hi jzee,

Yeah I still get that pain like an ovary is still there also, not sure what it is but I'm putting it down to healing. It can get quite crampy but I'm still having a few bowel problems which probably doesn't help.

Take care............Karen
Unread 08-14-2005, 06:27 PM

DON'T WORRY! Swelly is just that-stupid swelly. It doesn't mean you're fat. It doesn't mean you ate too much, or exercised too little. It means you had major surgery and your body is healing. In it's own way and in it's own time. Some of us are lucky and it goes away quickly. Some of us aren't and it doesn't. When your clothes don't fit right and you feel all blumpy it doesn't matter what anyone says you just want to stick a pin in yourself and pop the miserable feeling!!! BUT! I have endured three bouts of post op swelly and it DOES go away! Keep the faith and know that short of going on the cheesecake diet, your clothes will fit again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2005, 06:52 PM

yay acpd!
Those are beautiful words to live by!
jzee--
I get those bothersome pains too. Actually, quite a few different types of pains still pop up. Time for that nonsence to stop!
Unread 08-14-2005, 06:58 PM

Hi Cazcan,

Yeah, your so right time for the nonsense to stop! I'm having a real out of sorts day today which is making me rather cross with myself for being a sook.

Take care...........Karen
Unread 08-15-2005, 12:15 PM

10 days post op..feeling like a kangaroo without the baby! Getting very depressed re how long, if ever, this belly gets better! Anyone out there ever see this swelly belly get better? Not a very good patient....Anyone else restless staying home>? Help....
Unread 08-15-2005, 12:17 PM
swelly belly

10 days post op..feeling like a kangaroo without the baby! Getting very depressed re how long, if ever, this belly gets better! Anyone out there ever see this swelly belly get better? Not a very good patient....Anyone else restless staying home>? Help....
Unread 08-16-2005, 07:45 AM

Hello
I am 8 days post op had swelly belly for the 3 days,they told me to drink lots and lots. I drink about 200 ounces of water a day and have not had swelly belly as a problem since.
GOOD LUCK
Unread 08-16-2005, 11:23 AM

Gerri, Go back over this thread and read all the replies. Several Sisters had good news & comforting words. Hopefully yours will go away sooner rather than later, but be mentally prepared that it may take awhile. Remember that your body has been through a lot.

Several people have mentioned drinking lots of water helps. (Excuse me while I go get another glass.)

Most of all, take it easy now, I don't care how restless you feel! I'm sure you'll see this here often: You only get one chance to recover. Limit yourself to things which won't strain your body and delay your recovery: Put photos into photo albums
Scrapbooking
Reading piles of magazines and books
Knit
Crochet
Write letters to those you haven't contacted in a while
Sort out your recipes, re-write them on nice recipe cards and organize them
Watch TV
Listen to radio or to CD's
Do your nails

Hope this helps! Merrie
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:36 PM

I have been a big water drinker since about 2 years ago. I had become anemic due to the heavy bleeding and started craving ice, which is a symptom of anemia. I fill a cup up with ice and then add water so the ice get's soft and chewable. Although I am no longer anemic, I am still addicted to the ice.

Anyway.....This may be why my swelly belly went down so soon after surgery. Well.....for the most part. If I over-do things I tend to get it too. I have tried to be a good princess and not push myself, but even good princesses have their bad days !

Jennifer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register