Tender & pulling 3 months later | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tender & pulling 3 months later Tender & pulling 3 months later

Unread 02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Tender & pulling 3 months later

Hi Ladies, I had my abdominal hysterectomy and cyctocele on
Nov. 9th. Its been a little more than three month later and for the last week or so my tummy is so tender on the right and left side and a bit in the middle. I did have the cyctocele done at the same time as my hysterectomy. The numbness is starting wear off a bit but now the tenderness is starting. I can really feel it inside, like if i try pulling in my tummy or pressing on it. I don't know if this is from the hysterectomy or the cyctocele. Has anybody felt this way at all?? Other than this i feel great!! I am 51 years old so maybe I don't bounce back like the young ones do. even though i am working and on the go all the time.. And now I get to go back in for surgery in a another week or so for the rectocele that they didn't do three months ago that they were suppose to and felt it was not necessary, but guess what it is now! Not looking forward to this at all!!! This time it is a vaginal surgery and just an overnite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Re: Tender & pulling 3 months later

My belly stayed tender for a long time! I was something of a slow healer and it truly took almost a year for me to not be tender and sore and achy ...and then another 6 months to get my energy back...But I am happy to say that I am now, at 28 months post op pretty much back to my active self! :-) It just takes some of us longer to heal than others.
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgusty3 View Post
Hi Ladies, I had my abdominal hysterectomy and cyctocele on
Nov. 9th. Its been a little more than three month later and for the last week or so my tummy is so tender on the right and left side and a bit in the middle. I did have the cyctocele done at the same time as my hysterectomy. The numbness is starting wear off a bit but now the tenderness is starting. I can really feel it inside, like if i try pulling in my tummy or pressing on it. I don't know if this is from the hysterectomy or the cyctocele. Has anybody felt this way at all?? Other than this i feel great!! I am 51 years old so maybe I don't bounce back like the young ones do. even though i am working and on the go all the time.. And now I get to go back in for surgery in a another week or so for the rectocele that they didn't do three months ago that they were suppose to and felt it was not necessary, but guess what it is now! Not looking forward to this at all!!! This time it is a vaginal surgery and just an overnite.
I am feeling some tenderness.
When I wash dishes and my tummy pushes against the sink, etc....

I'm really not worried, though.
In the big picture, surgery was not long ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2012, 10:34 PM

i had my TAH on the 18th of november and i still feel pulling and twinges, especially around the groin/joint of the pelvis and leg area. mainly on the right side. My dr said it is normal, that with all the stitches i had to not worry if i still felt a pop as it is stitches dissolving...said not to worry too much wait till around the 6 month mark, said i still had a lot of healing to do (surgery was extensive due to the amount of adhesions/scar tissue inside)

I still have low energy so am still listening to my body and taking it slow but sure working up as much as i can handle as my dr said if it hurts stop lol hmmmm when doing the dishes guess cant do dishes anymore
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:48 PM

It's been 7 months for me and there are moments when I feel a little pull and a little pain...mostly I am used to it as it is my nerves healing back. The pulling will subside and even though I didn't believe a few months back...there will come a day when you get through a full 24 hours and don't think about your surgery!

Hang in there and relax...listen to your body and you will def know if something is wrong!
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:59 AM

Yes, still have tender belly. Leaned against car post op 9 weeks and it's still there. And the dull ache esp when I have a very busy weekend (try not to do that again for a couple of months!). I'm 52 and was in shape when I had 2 surgeries a month apart, so I guess as a non-spring chicken (but last summer's, I guess!) I have to be patient and take even better care of myself.

Take it easy. Cluck cluck!
Unread 02-19-2012, 12:00 AM

I was defintely having tenderness and pulling at 3 1/2 months, particularly after the nerves woke up and the numbness went away. I'm at 6 months now and am still tender around my incision. If I bump against the sink while doing the dishes or brushing my teeth, I feel it. I also have pulls and stings, but their intensity and frequency has decreased each month. I still get them every day, but they aren't very strong. I'm guessing that they will continue to decrease with time. Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register