Two more weeks.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two more weeks.... Two more weeks....

Unread 04-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Two more weeks....

Hello All.....
In just two more weeks, I will be doing a TAH. I am ready for this to be over and done with. I have been suffering sine in my 20's and I'm 44yrs old. I didn't get a second opinion because, I have been dealing with this long enough. I have a 6cm fibroid sitting directly on top of my uterus and it's making me constantly bleed. Due to all of this blood loss, I have became anemic. I am a spouse of ADM and will be having my operation done on a MI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Re: Two more weeks....

I am scheduled for April 27th as well having the Davinchi. I am 45 and up until about 6 months ago I was one of those disgusting women that was never bothered with their period, couple ibuprofen and away I went ;-) I started getting heavier longer periods, doctor thinks never having children and a thyroid issue maybe to blame. Tried an ablation in December and that apparently woke the beast, I am on period #5 since January. Hope your surgery goes well!
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:03 AM

I remember the endless periods very well! Huge blood clots, anaemia, looking like a vampire I was so pale.... I certainly don't miss any of that! I had a myomectomy to get rid of my fibroids last November and, once I'd recovered from the operation, felt like a different woman - normal periods again, it was wonderful! Unfortunately it turned out that I had a strong risk of developing uterine cancer so I had to have a hysterectomy two months later - very hard to accept as I was hoping to have a child. But, now that it's done and I'm finished with the anaemia, heavy bleeding etc. I really do feel (and look) better. I'm sure it will be the same for you both and send you lots of good wishes!
Christina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 03:46 PM

Hi - I am scheduled a day before yours - DaVinci on April 26th. Multiple, large fibroids and cysts. One of the fibroids is pushing into my spine (9.3 cm x 5.5 cm), and another has made a pancake of my bladder (6.1 cm x 3.8 cm). There are two others that are all around 6 cm, and my uterus is covered with smaller ones! Yikes! The rest are making sure my abdomen looks distorted and my belly button is now off center! Truly can't wait to get this over with!

I know it won't be a walk in the park afterwards, but it will be worth it in the long run. All the pain and pressure, not to mention how tired I feel - it's getting real old. I just want my life back. I'm sure you all have felt this way - you don't make this kind of decision unless you've been pushed to the edge. Good luck to everyone!
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:26 PM

I am having my surgery on the 27 also. I have many, many fibroids including several big ones. It will be robotic. I am actually looking forward to this but I'm sure I will be nervous when it gets closer. good luck to all of you!
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulaw2 View Post
I am scheduled for April 27th as well having the Davinchi. I am 45 and up until about 6 months ago I was one of those disgusting women that was never bothered with their period, couple ibuprofen and away I went ;-) I started getting heavier longer periods, doctor thinks never having children and a thyroid issue maybe to blame. Tried an ablation in December and that apparently woke the beast, I am on period #5 since January. Hope your surgery goes well!
Happy Healing to everyone and thanks for all of the post .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register