Lonely | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Lonely

Sorry guys - 7 days until I head for the castle and I am feeling lonely. My DH can't get off work so a friend is dropping me off. I don't want her to stick around - we're not THAT good of friends. I don't know - I'm just feeling that - alone.

Thanks for "listening", even though I know there isn't anyone there.

CB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Lonely

Is DH going to castle during lunch or after work to be with you? Do you have any family in the area?
Unread 03-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Lonely

don't be sorry, I;m feeling lonely too, but not for lack of people around but no-one I know my age or in my circle of friends has had to go through this and I feel like it is all I ever talk about, but it is just such a important thing to me so I can't really help it, I am trying not to be grumpy with my hubby and kids but sometimes I just can't help it, I hope this gets better after surgery!!! I have finished my family and had no intention of having more kids but I now find myself really clucky and wanting to hold babies all the time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Lonely

He will be up after dinner (he works 3rd shift and needs to sleep during the day) which is ok - I will be sleeping myself pretty much. I think the whole thing is just starting to bring me down. Reality is beginning to set in and somehow I don't feel like much of a princess.
Unread 03-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Lonely

CB: we do feel alone when we have to face something like this -- but we are listening and even tho its cyberspace connection its real and please know that we are thinking of you and even tho we are each on different points in the path, we share the same journey -- I'm sending you hugs and prayers. This is a great place to check in and connect -- stay connected and be good to yourself.

blessings to you,
janet
Unread 03-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Lonely

The waiting is the worse part and it gives you plenty of time to hash over things that concern you, good, bad or indifferent. Find something that requires alot of focus to take your mind off those things. You're right about sleeping that day away. I remember half waking just a couple of times and mumbling at my DH. He was there, but I sure wasn't.

When you're at the castle, you'll be focused on yourself and what little steps your recovery is taken. The smallest things take on a bigger meaning. Like successfully coughing, things like that.

Look at the future, like a couple months out. Maybe attempt to plan a weekend getaway or short vacation at that time. Something to look forward too and remember this surgery will be a past subject at that time.
Unread 03-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Lonely

My condolenses . I had been considering a hysterectomy for ages but hung on for the hope of another baby . It didnt work out .I collapsed in pain one day . DH managed to drag me to the cab with the kids ( dropped them off at MILs ) and he couldnt stay while I was aditted because he was in the middle of refreeing a tournament . Hes the chief so there wasnt anyone available to sub for him . The final decision came after a day of pain mnagement in the wards .

mei
Unread 03-02-2004, 12:56 AM
not alone

I was also feeling lonely only 3 more days and I am off to the palace. DH said he can be there before I go in and he will come visit. But, in the end, we go through this on our own. Not alone, thanks a lot to this web site and all of the sisters who have went before us and those who are LIW. we share this common bond so we will never truly be alone.
I had a horrible nightmare today and woke up crying. It seemed silly when DH asked about it. But, it more or less was a dream of being abondoned by my DH. And I know he never would.
sharing in your lonliness,
Anna
Unread 03-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Lonely

I, too am feeling lonely. My TAH is not until May and my anxiety level increases with each passing minute. :cry: I am sorry to hear that some of us have to go through this alone, either physically or emotionally but at least it will all be over soon.

I'm sorry I don't have any wonderful words of wisdom to offer, as most of the time I feel like crying, but I do reach out to my sisters here and hopefully that will help all of us.
Unread 03-02-2004, 04:17 AM
I am feeling alone too

Dh will probably drop me off and then take son to school,by the time he returns I'll be in surgery I imagine so I'll be going in alone.That bothers me.I feel he is distancing himself from me. He says he'll be at thehospitalwaiting ,but he'll also neeed topick my son up after school.so mayeb i'll be out of recovery or maybe not.Don't get me wrongmy sons saftey is of paramount importance so I wont worry about where he is....Ijust have tried to talk to DH about how I feel so scraed and worrid and he just changes tehsubject.he wont acknowledge that something really bad could happen or that Im even going to be in surgery with pain and incapcitated. I would have thought he'd want to spend the last few days being with me,if only to hold my hand ,but he doesn't seem to want to even talk,much less spend any time with me. I feel very alone, and scared that I will never be the same,wont survive or will have complications and no one to care for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register