steri-strips | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-03-2010, 05:34 PM
steri-strips

UGH THESE THINGS ARE ITCHING ME!!!!!!!!!!!
It feels like when I had a latex allergy (still do). I am itching in places that just should itch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Re: steri-strips

I am also having severe itching! I posted it yesterday and didn't really get any answers. I also itch on my back and all around my stomach. REALLY BAD! When I need to scratch around my incisions, which is just part of the healing process, I put my fingers over the incisions and scratch around them. I hope you get some answers and I will be watching you posts. I need to call and find out if I can use antihistamines with my other medicines that I take. Good luck and I hope there are some helpful answers out there!
Unread 08-03-2010, 05:48 PM

I have NEVER had them make me itch like this and I had two C-Sections with the stupid things but boy when she put them on she didn't leave an inch to even breathe! But they are driving me INSANE thank goodness they should be off by next wednesday! UGH LOL I am not on any pain medications so benedryl it is tonight!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2010, 05:58 PM

If your steri strips are really bothering you and you suspect they may have used latex strips and you have a latex allergy, it would seem to warrant a trip back to the doctor to have them switched for the latex free variety. Comfort is quality of life.

Aside from that, itching is healing. That's the bear! I was told to use an ice pack as needed to numb the itching area if it drove me out of my mind. You might try that.

If your wound is good and closed, you should be able to have the steri strips pulled on your 1st post-surgery visit (usually after 1 week). Definitely ask your doctor.

Good luck and I wish you more comfort. Hang in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register