Does anyone else get that weak feeling in their arms/legs? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone else get that weak feeling in their arms/legs? Does anyone else get that weak feeling in their arms/legs?

Unread 09-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Does anyone else get that weak feeling in their arms/legs?

I had a TAH on Sept 5th (kept Ovaries though). Fainted twice in the hospital and didn't come home until Tue, Sept 9th.

The incision is healing well so far. However, I get this very weak feeling in the arms and legs that comes and goes. That is the worst part of this whole recovery.

Went to the dr for my 2 wk checkup yesterday (a few days early since I had fainted early on). On the way home, stopped by the pet store and the grocery store for just a few things (but I didn't carry anything). Totally overdid it and was in bed the rest of the night.

Does anyone else get that weak feeling in their arms/legs? I'm getting better day by day and starting to feel stronger (if I don't over do it). I guess I just have to build up my stamina again.

Don't go back to work until mid-Oct so I have a few weeks more to rest up. Have a great day! Rita.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2008, 07:50 AM

iam almost 5weeks post op and have the weak feeling in the arms and legs ..yesterday i stopped at Walmart to pick up a few items and my legs felt so weak I had to check out before I was done ....usually at least a few times a day I feel the weakness when I am up I feel its my body telling me its enough .....yet I feel i don't over do myself .....I thought of mentioning it to my doctor next week when i go for my six week check....other wise my recovery has been going well........
Unread 09-17-2008, 07:53 AM

I found those weak feelings if I had been up and doing things for too long. Remember, you've just had major surgery, even though you are feeling pretty good. Just walking though a store would completely wear me out.
I'd mention the weakness to your doctors, but in the meantime, remember to listen to your body, and sit down, and rest, with your feet up when it's talking to you.
Take care!
's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2008, 08:45 AM

thanks NancH, I need the remindar and also seeing someone else went thru the same feelings.....this site is great for info and I have and still am on it a LOT!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register