ANY Prolapse successes? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ANY Prolapse successes? ANY Prolapse successes?

Unread 07-28-2004, 03:39 PM
ANY Prolapse successes?

I'm scheduled for my hyst. tomorrow, but I'm very concerned because recently I've seen a number of posts on the pre-op board about failed prolapse proceedures with multiple subsequent surgeries.

Have any of you had a hyst for prolapse and been satisfied with it? Also, does anyone know how soon after a hyst and bladder repair that you can resume Kegels? I really appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Merlynne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2004, 03:50 PM
ANY Prolapse successes?

Hi
I have had a prolapse, and a pelvic floor repair. I have had no problems at all with it. Make sure that you do not allow yourself to get constipated and strain.
The UK advice is to start kegels immediately after surgey. I have followed this advice, and after 4-6 weeks had almost full bladder control back, and after about 8 weeks, had full control of muscles that help with a stronger wee flow (don't know what they're called, just what they help with.)
Take your time, heed your doctors advice, and you will be fine.
Unread 07-28-2004, 04:02 PM
ANY Prolapse successes?

Hi merlynne,

I had cystocele, rectocele and pelvic floor reconstruction with my hyster back in Jan. There are no guarantees with any surgery as everyone's situation is different. But my surgery was a success and I'm very thankful. I was very good as far as all my duties also.

You might check with your dr as far as the kegels are concerned. Many seem to have different opinions.

Sending you ssss and prayers for your surgery tomorrow.

Blessings,
Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2004, 04:07 PM
ANY Prolapse successes?

I had my TVH for prolapse with bladder and rectocele on July 15th and have not had any major problems. I started Kegels within a couple days of surgery, although at first they were verrrry weak. My bladder has been sluggish, and I know the recommendation is everywhere on this site, but it is so true - drink tons of water. I was hesitant to do so in the hospital after they took the catheter out for the third time because I did not want to stay another night, but it does help. I have needed to make sure that I "go" frequently, every 1/2 hour for the first few days home because if I let the bladder fill too much it didn't want to cooperate. I'm up to 2 hours now and it will be 2 weeks tommorrow post-op. Constipation has been somewhat of a problem and I have been taking stool softeners and drinking an herbal tea - "Smooth Move" to avoid and straining. I don't have that awful feeling that everything is falling out anymore!! I see the Dr. tommorrow for the first post-op and hope to be cleared to drive and maybe go back to work part-time.
Unread 07-28-2004, 08:31 PM
ANY Prolapse successes?

Dear Karen, Judy, and Fran,

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I feel a lot better after having
read your emails. I'm almost ready to go--I'm about to throw a few things into a bag. Not sure I'm going to sleep much, though. I guess I'll have plenty of that in the next few days.

Thanks again!

Best,
Merlynne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register