Is the sweating at night hormonal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is the sweating at night hormonal? Is the sweating at night hormonal?

Unread 09-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Is the sweating at night hormonal?

I'm thinking it must be because I had a similar thing happen after my c-section. Anyone know? I had to change my shirt twice last night.

Shelby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2006, 02:01 PM

I had this from about the 4th day after until about 20 days. I think it was the worst at the end of my 2nd week and then just kind of went away. I was worried ovaries might not kick in (was also having hot flashes during day) but it has all in the past couple days just stopped.

Julie
Unread 09-24-2006, 03:39 PM

Someone told me that the night sweats are a result of our bodies expelling toxins such as, anesthesia and pain meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2006, 04:20 PM

My doc told me that despite keeping my ovaries, it might take some time for them to wake up and start working again. Finally at 5 weeks post-op they kicked in and the night sweats and hot flashes stopped. Hang in there. Try soy.
Unread 09-24-2006, 04:25 PM

Night sweats can be a menopause symptom. Did you keep your ovaries? If so, they could be in shock. If not, this may be a sign that your body is ready for HRT.

I kept my ovaries but did have night sweats for awhile after my hyst until they decided to kick back in.

You can talk to your dr about what options are available for you. Before using any supplement, check with your dr. For instance, I have endometriosis so soy is not suggested as it contains plant estrogen which could feed my endo.

Many best wishes to you and when you get a moment, please fill out your member survey to include your hyst type and whether or not you have your ovaries!
Unread 09-24-2006, 05:55 PM

I'm so sorry! Yes, I have both of my ovaries. I should have mentioned that earlier, I forgot!

Shelby
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:45 PM

Hi Shelby. I kept my ovaries & was sweating a lot after surgery, too. It did go away approx. 3 weeks post op. I didn't really have a problem w/meno symptoms until ovaries resumed functioning. I'm assuming it was the body releasing toxins from the anesthesia. Even though it was gross, the more I would sweat, the better I was feeling afterwards. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time showering.
This could also be hormonal, if your ovaries are still in shock. If it gets to be an issue, you might want to mention it to your Dr.
Good luck to you & speedy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register