Estradiol patch is it necessary?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estradiol patch is it necessary?? Estradiol patch is it necessary??

Unread 01-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Estradiol patch is it necessary??

Hi i had surgery on Dec. 6 and so far so good. My doctor put me on Estradiol Transdermal 0.1 since leaving the hospital, however since the patch i notice hair loss and stop using the patch until my first follow up appt. has anyone used Estradiol and what has been your experience with the patch? Is it really necessary?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Re: Estradiol patch is it necessary??

I was put on the estradiol patch as well, but havent noticed any hair loss. My breasts have been extremely sore, but that may just bemore menopause (was already 3 years in before operation). But if you are having anything occur that doesn't seem right, do see your doctor about it. Cold be the patch , but also cold be something else the doc needs to know about.
Unread 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Re: Estradiol patch is it necessary??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma2 View Post
Hi i had surgery on Dec. 6 and so far so good. My doctor put me on Estradiol Transdermal 0.1 since leaving the hospital, however since the patch i notice hair loss and stop using the patch until my first follow up appt. has anyone used Estradiol and what has been your experience with the patch? Is it really necessary?
I had surgery 3 days before you. It am on the estradiol patch too, but lower dose than you. I am having no problems at all. Feel better than before. Call your doc, could be the patch, but, could be something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Estradiol patch is it necessary??

10-22-13 TAH/BSO, plus partial removal of my left kidney due to kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma). I am 52 years old and was peri menopausal at time of surgery. I was still having regular monthly periods and had experienced a few hot flashes and vaginal dryness. My Gyn jokingly told my husband and myself at my pre-op with her that both he and I would "hate" her when I was put into surgical menopause (both ovaries were removed), and that I would awaken from surgery with an HRT patch in place. I have been on Estradiol 0.5 mg Transdermal patches since surgery and have had no real issues with the patch thus far. I did have insomnia from Weeks Three thru Eight post-op, which has mostly resolved. I have not had any hot flashes at all, and only a few nights with "night sweats and chills " during the first two weeks post- op. I had a few days when I awakened with mild headaches, again, during the first few post-op weeks...which has also resolved. I used to suffer very painful hormone-triggered migraines for a week or so before my period, and am pleased to report I have been totally migraine-free since my surgery. I sure hope it stays that way! Estradiol patch is working for me for now, but I realize that could change at any time. Good luck with your HRT decision

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register