TAH One Week Post Op, Pain?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Week Post Op, Pain?? One Week Post Op, Pain??

Unread 02-20-2014, 12:40 AM
One Week Post Op, Pain??

Hello all you beautiful ladies!!! I am 22 years old and had total abdominal hyster February 12th. My surgery went great just in recovery mode. I have seen on a few other post that rectal pain/spasms have been felt. I have had some what regular bm's (I have IBS). I have been experiencing sever constant pain in that area as well as I guess my tail bone area. Have you all had that? As well as I have sever bruising on one side only. Normal or not? Sorry ladies I'm just a little worried and don't see the DR till next Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Re: One Week Post Op, Pain??

Hi im11days ost op i too have this pain think its the inside knitted together im 45
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Painter12 View Post
Hello all you beautiful ladies!!! I am 22 years old and had total abdominal hyster February 12th. My surgery went great just in recovery mode. I have seen on a few other post that rectal pain/spasms have been felt. I have had some what regular bm's (I have IBS). I have been experiencing sever constant pain in that area as well as I guess my tail bone area. Have you all had that? As well as I have sever bruising on one side only. Normal or not? Sorry ladies I'm just a little worried and don't see the DR till next Thursday.
Hey there
All the pains you are having are exactly what I went through, and its a combination of gas pains in the bowel settling down, and my tail bone area was awful, only way I was comfortable was reclining or laying down. I purchased a half moon memory pillow which I place just behind the tail bone, which helped alot. It is only this week leading up to my 5 weeks post op tomorrow that those pains are nearly finally behind me! This is a major operation we girls have had, especially with the TAH where they have cut through lots of layers of nerves (my whole tummy was a bruise which has now finally disappeared. I would say though, that if you are worried, give the doc a call just for your peace of mind. I would say that its only as I hit week 4 that I started to feel half human! Rest up, lots of fluids and take it easy gals xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2014, 01:19 AM

Arr thankyou hunnie this has been a big help hope you are well fellow hyster sisterx
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:28 AM

Thank you!!! This site has been a blessing. I usually have a belly band on an the pain only happens when its off. I know it's only been a week but my goodness I can't wait to feel better yet. Thank you again. oh yeah. Have any of you found a relief for the gas like, walking, bending..etc?
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:44 AM

Yep this site is a blessing, and if I can help anyone by return .... :-). Walking around is the best thing for getting rid of those gas pains. I can promise you that by week 3 I was parping like a trooper with no problems ( much to my hubby's disgust ;-) I also took an over the counter tablet called windeez after food and before bed which helped that gas along
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:20 AM

Hi mrshawkey nice to see someone else from the uk on here I've been lucky and have not had to much problem with the gas just painful bowel movements I'm now ten days post op .
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:31 AM

Hi i had awful wind day 4 onwards easing off a bit now day 11 feeling tired
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby1234 View Post
Hi mrshawkey nice to see someone else from the uk on here I've been lucky and have not had to much problem with the gas just painful bowel movements I'm now ten days post op .
I thought those painful Bowel movements would never pass, but they do I promise ;-)
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine gannon View Post
Hi i had awful wind day 4 onwards easing off a bit now day 11 feeling tired
Your'll have good days and bad days, as I said it has only been this past week that I have started to feel half human! I had to train my brain to remember this isn't a quick recovery and it's okay to rest up x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register