Too soon to travel? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Too soon to travel? Too soon to travel?

Unread 06-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Re: Too soon to travel?

3rd Week Post-Op visit on June 22nd, and left at noon for road trip from Missouri to Florida. I made sure the seat belt wasn't squeezing too hard, and got out to walk and stretch every 3 hours. Stopped overnight in TN after six hour drive. Continued on to Florida next day. Spent time at the pool and the beach which was very relaxing! I brought fresh fruit and dried fruit to help my plumbing stay on track! I can't read well in the car, so I drive and my husband follows the maps. I was very careful not to carry things in from the car that were 10 pounds. I didn't ask the DR if I could go, but she did say I could resume normal activity, but avoid lifting, doing abdominals, etc., and I could resume the treadmill. I do want to add that I used cruise control as much as possible. Aside from the treat of finally driving again, for more than five minutes, was having the Ipod playing in the car. I didn't realize how much I'd missed the music, too! My LAVH was on June 1st, and ovaries removed, too. My reality check will be on June 30th, when I return to work - yikes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2009, 02:56 AM

I flew from Salt Lake to Dallas 3-1/2 weeks after my TAH. Dr's assistant thought it would be okay. Flying was fine, only problem was overdoing it while on the visit. It was great for my emotional health to be out of the house! Best wishes - I LOVE San Francisco!
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:40 AM

I still warn sisters not to take a big trip without an okay from your doctor. Blood clots and air travel or long road trips can be a concern. Make sure you clear it with your doctor - mine said not to take a 5 hour flight yet. This falls under that category that we all had "different" surgeries and recoveries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:25 AM

I hope that everyone's travels are safe for them, especially as we get into the holiday weekend.

I had a GREAT time in SF!!! I'm very glad that I went! The flights were fine; I just made sure to drink water and to move around when I could. I explored the city and used taxis and the cable cars to get places that were too far to walk. I was a little sore on Wednesday, but I figured out that it was more likely from the fact that I had rolled over to sleep on my stomach during the night than from too much walking! I'm tired this morning but no more that I am after any 6 day trip. And like Vinnie, I was glad to get away from the house for awhile--it made me feel normal again!

Happy 4th of July!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register