Bladder falling out again 35 days post-op!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder falling out again 35 days post-op!!!! Bladder falling out again 35 days post-op!!!!

Unread 05-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Unhappy - Bladder falling out again 35 days post-op!!!! Bladder falling out again 35 days post-op!!!!

Howdy,

I had a hysterectomy and bladder suspension in 9/04. 15 months later my bladder prolapsed again. I just had another suspension done by my Urologist 5 weeks ago. He used mesh this time. I have had some cramping over the past 10 days but I thought it was hormones. After last surgery I had this too. I still have my ovaries and my hormones go a little nutty some times.

So why in the world would my bladder prolapse so soon? I think I have had pieces of mesh coming out too. I thought it was missed toilet paper but now I suspect it is something else.

I have used the same Urologist because of his superior reputation, so I am not sure is the issue is him or me. I am going to see him today to see what he says about it coming out and find another doctor for a 2nd opinion. I am in the Houston area if any one knows a good doctor.

Why? Why? Why does this keep happening?

Thanks,

Laurie Q.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Bladder falling out again 35 days post-op!!!!

Are you sure that it is coming down, Laurie? Or could it be debris from the op being cleared out? Do tell us what your urologist says. Hold on in there. x
Unread 05-09-2006, 10:08 AM

Yep, it is defiantly my bladder. I can feel it and see it. And the heavy pulling sensation has returned.

Thanks,

Laurie Q.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2006, 11:53 AM

Oh dear
Unread 05-09-2006, 06:05 PM

What type of mesh did he use? I am scheduled to repair using Avualta. This will be my 3rd repair since my TAH 7/1/03.
Unread 05-11-2006, 09:08 AM

So sorry that this has happened to you. I'm having the same problem. Will see a urogyn in a few weeks about a possible mesh repair. Can you tell me what the recovery is like. How long, pain, catheter? ? etc?
Unread 05-11-2006, 08:08 PM

Laurie Q,
I am sorry to hear that your bladder repair didn't last. I felt those terrible, double over pains when my bladder repair failed too. This is so frustrating! I agree with you about getting a second opinion, after all you gave the uro 2 chances. Good Luck to you.
Unread 05-16-2006, 07:31 AM

Laurie,
I can sympathize with you. I had a TAH with bladder repair in '04. Didn't hold up. I never went back to have it repaired. I'm thinking of doing it now, but am concerned after reading these other posts. If its not going to hold up, why continue to have it done? I don't know what procedure my doctor used, but he was kinda young and inexperienced. In fact, he wanted to wait a couple of extra weeks to do the surgery because he was learning a new procedure and would have the assistance of another doctor in doing it. I wish I had waited, but once I make up my mind to do something, I don't like to make changes.
I hope you can get yours straightened out and have no more problems.
Francie
Unread 05-18-2006, 02:49 PM

I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I had a bladder suspension (Burch procedure) done in July of 2003. I have had no problems. I don't know about the mesh thing. Apparently with the Burch procedure the bladder is suspended to other ligaments and things in there with sutures (or something). Hang in there.

Lora

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register