Mass on left ovary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mass on left ovary Mass on left ovary

Unread 02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Mass on left ovary

wow ladies you have all been through so much! I am new to this so I will start by saying hello and will tell you all to hang in there and be strong, take one day at a time! after having my TVH and leaving both ovaries my right ovary came out 1 year later for cysts! Now for 4 months have been experiencing severe pain, bloating and can feel a mass on my left ovary! I have been unable to go to the Dr. because of not having insurance! In indiana i can not pay for my own insurance because of a prexisting condition, Prenicious anemia, i just got insurance on January 31 by working full-time even though i can barely make it through the day. I go to the gyne on feb 9 and can't wait to feel better again, it is such a struggle. I am very nervous because as many problems i have had since i have been 16 with cysts and endometriosis nothing has ever felt this way. Just found out that ins will probably not cover any of this because of a 9month preexisting waiting period. However i can't wait any longer. At 34 i feel as if i am such a burden to everyone with my constant health issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Red face - Mass on left ovary Mass on left ovary

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchid1
wow ladies you have all been through so much! I am new to this so I will start by saying hello and will tell you all to hang in there and be strong, take one day at a time! after having my TVH and leaving both ovaries my right ovary came out 1 year later for cysts! Now for 4 months have been experiencing severe pain, bloating and can feel a mass on my left ovary! I have been unable to go to the Dr. because of not having insurance! In indiana i can not pay for my own insurance because of a prexisting condition, Prenicious anemia, i just got insurance on January 31 by working full-time even though i can barely make it through the day. I go to the gyne on feb 9 and can't wait to feel better again, it is such a struggle. I am very nervous because as many problems i have had since i have been 16 with cysts and endometriosis nothing has ever felt this way. Just found out that ins will probably not cover any of this because of a 9month preexisting waiting period. However i can't wait any longer. At 34 i feel as if i am such a burden to everyone with my constant health issues.
Unread 02-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Mass on left ovary

Hi Orchid, you hang in there -
Did you check to see if there are any women's heath programs in your area? I did not know we had one until I went to the doctor one day and he said, "Hey, I told you to go for a mammogram 4 years ago, you have not gone yet!" I told him I had no insurance - and he charged me only $20.00 for the visit and sent me to a women's health center for a free pap smear and a free mammogram and a free total check up.

We were not poor, just no insurance. Not rich. Not poor. Just a struggling family like most of us out here. I qualified to get the free exams. Maybe they have something there for you.

Keep your spirits up!!!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Mass on left ovary

Carol - Thank you so much for your care and concern! We have a few centers like that in our area but they go according to your income and just like you said we are doing ok but not great! We do not qualify for any medical assistance! And we have no other options in the area. We will be just fine as long as i am feeling better soon. My husband doesnt care what it costs he just wants me to feel better, he has been so very wonderful. This is a perfect site, because sometimes you feel like your family and friends have had enough! GREAT DAY TO EVERYONE!!!!
Unread 02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Mass on left ovary

Hey Orchid,
Good to have a spouse that cares enough to say YOU first, money second.
Now LISTEN TO HIM!

I think the program set up is run through the hospital with some local doctor's that volunteer their time.

Some people pay what they can but they rely on donations.

My daughter went to the children's hospital here in CT when I had no insurance and they treated her for free.
No one made me feel like I was less important than people with insurance. No one treated me any different than the next family.

I was a stay home mom and my husband was working but no insurance.
Well, she needed thousands of dollars worth of treatments, medicine and testing.
I know during that period we did spend over $10,000 out of our own pocket, but I added up what we got from the hospital and various doctors that did not charge and it was over $15,000 they didn't charge.

Not once was I made to feel like a mooch.

I donate every year to that children's hospital now that I have a job and can afford it. They do rely heavily on donations and have a fund raiser every year.
The year I went back to work and heard the fundraiser on the radio, I called in a pledge and made sure that I donated every year after that.
If another family had a problem and couldn't afford to treat their child, I know they would be taken right in there.

So, look and ask. Can't hurt.

There are some very nice people out there. Yes, some very mean callous people. But,, the nice ones do make up for a lot of the rest!

Chin up and get yourself taken care of so you can take care of others!

Carol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register