Recovering well | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovering well Recovering well

Unread 10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Recovering well

Hello! Here's quick info to get you familiar with me:

Had transvaginal utrasound on 8/5/10 and again on 9/14/10 to evaluate areas of the pelvis not adequately visualized by transabdominal ultrasound. The uterus is enlarged with est weight on 181 gms which is consistent to a 9 week pregnancy. A left adneal cycst was seen (ovary). No evidence of other abnormal masses up to the level of umbilicus. The uterus had increased 81% since 8/5/10. Both fibroid have increased in size since previous scan (6 weeks ago) and sarcoma could not be ruled out. Irregularity noted within endocervical canal. Left ovarian cyst increased from 3cc (on 8/5/10) to 23cc (on 9/14/10)! The cyst walls were irregular and doppler studies show decreased resistance (for this reason, the risk of malignancy is increased significantly). "I" suggested surgical intervention and doc agreed and suggested the Da Vinci method).

10/7/10 @5:30am I went to admitting and onto surgery prep. Did series of questions/answers with prep nurse, anesthesiologist and doctor, IV started.

My surgery began at 7:30 am, I was woke up in recovery two hours later talking with a nurse. They later wheeled me into a temporary room until my room assignment was ready. One hour later, I asked to sit on the toilet (had to rid the remaining magnesium citrate). Although I felt pressure from the urine catheter, I comfortably passed a cloud of gas. Finally, the room was ready and I opted to get up on my own to transfer to the new bed. No severe pain since, just minor achiness from gas. Don't be afraid to take a reliever, Gas X really helps! I walked around every two hours and released more gas, ahh! Tender around belly button though, the four other 1/2 inch incisions have been glued and seem to be doing alright. BTW, the disposable panty/girdle made my abdomen feel secured. Had dinner at 5pm. During one of my many assessments that evening, I had a slight fever. After adjusting the room temp (cooler), my temperature was normal (honestly, not sure if it was any "flashes" coming on???).

On Friday morning after a nice breakfast, surgeon came to visit me along with a photo what they removed. He said there were no visual signs of cancer, however the organs will be sent off to pathology. Soon after, I was discharged. My husband took me to a Vietnamese soup house then headed home. We were trying to figure out how I was going to get up to my bedroom on the 3rd floor (I live on a hill and the house is 3 stories). I walked backwards and used my calves. Rested every 10 stairs though. Total of 30 minutes to get up there.

On Saturday, Oct 9, I went to my son's championship football game. Today, Sunday, Oct 10, I attended a wedding reception for 2 hours and then now resting in bed. I did notice little shears of heat from with in me. Wondering if they are mini hot flashes? I have a post op appt in a week. My guess is we'll start a hormone discussion then. While riding in the car, I had a mini crying fit, I don't know what that was all about. I try to make sure that I lay flat several times a day. Trying not to over do it. No heavy or odd bleeding, just a blush pink discharge. So far, the recovery has been pretty good.

p.s. this is my first time here so i welcome suggestions with postings. thanks!

My very best wishes to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Re: Recovering well

My recovery experience has been very similar to yours. It's hard not to over do it when you don't feel so bad.
I hope you have good pathology reports.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register