Upcoming hysterectomy (7/17) at 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy (7/17) at 27 Upcoming hysterectomy (7/17) at 27

Unread 07-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy (7/17) at 27

Hey! I'm new here, as in a just posted my introduction and that was my first post!

As the title reads, I'm looking for anyone my age going threw this as well! I will be 28 on the 22nd of this month! I will be doing the Da Vinci laproscopic partial (unless they find anything wrong once inside) hysterectomy and at the same time having a large cyst removed from my right ovary (bigger than the ovary itself!)

While I'm open to making friends in this of any age range, I was just curious if there was anyone my age going threw a hysterectomy this early as well!

Thanks Guys!
Britni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Re: Looking for anyone my age.. (27)

Hi... I am 30... 31 in Sept and I am having and LAVH on the 23rd!! Good luck!
Unread 07-02-2014, 08:46 PM

Goodness, good luck to you!! They wanted to do mine in 2 weeks, but that was just to close for comfort for me, plus it feel on my twins birthday and I didn't want to ruin that for them!
What issues are you having that has brought about the hysterectomy for you?

I went today after having continuous bleeding since April, they determined that the bleeding isnt coming from a period, my uterus actually has no lining at all, its all blood vessels from the uterus itself that is bleeding. I also was treated in 2012 after I had my twins for cervical cancer (caught early thank goodness) regardless over the last 2 years it has pretty much been bleeding pretty much consistently with not much of a break, and everything else has been tried in an effort to stop it with no luck! Also with a lengthy history of uterine cancer in the family, as well as cervical cancer they have just decided it to be for the best that go ahead and have it taken out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2014, 09:04 PM

Hi, I'm 25 and having a hysterectomy on July 18. I know exactly how you feel being so young and going through this. My doc will be attempting LVAH with robotic assistance but may endo up having to do TAH depending on how bad my end has gotten. I've had 3 children, all csections. Got my tubes tied when my youngest was 2 years old & in the process found out I have endometriosis. After attempting to wait it out and not do anything about it, i could no longer bare the pain so here i am getting a hysterectomy. Its very nerve racking being so young and unsure of what the outcome will be since we don't know how much my endo has spread. I wish you the best of luck & just know you are not alone! This site really helps
Unread 07-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy (7/17) at 27

I have 3 kids too! A 4 year old and the twins will be 2! I had to have a tubal with the twins due to the doctor didn't feel that I would survive another pregnancy.

I have endo as well, with retrograde periods and a backwards tipped uterus.

My biggest fear is that they end up having to do a total hysterectomy once they are in.
Unread 07-02-2014, 09:42 PM

Awh!!! My kids are 5, 4 & 3 ...which explains why I had my tubes tied. Lol!!! That's my biggest fear too. I'm not so much scared about the surgery itself because I had complications with my last csection and i kind of feel like superwoman lol. I just REALLY don't want to have to go into menopause at such a young age. I mean I really trust my doc, he delivered all 3 of my kids and did my tubal so I know he'll make the best decision...its still nerve racking like crazy!!! He already told me tah was possible but getting my papers in the mail today that read "LVAH POSS ROBOTIC ASSISTED TAH POSS" really just made me realize how possible it is. :-/
Unread 07-02-2014, 09:48 PM

Ok so weird!! Just read your info, my name is Brittany and also live in TN lol!!!! Clarksville to be exact
Unread 07-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Re: Anyone else going through a hysterectomy at 27?

I'm 25 and having my hysterectomy today for endometriosis and severe pain. Doctor said even if both ovaries are damaged she refuses to take both because she doesn't want me in menopause at my age since I won't be able to use hormones. Good luck with everything, hope it goes well for you!
Unread 07-03-2014, 06:45 AM

Hi there ,this is my 2nd post here 😊,Lovecto all the ladies going through this.
Ive just turned 33 and having my hyterectomy on 17th jul 😯.I have 3 children and have bled every day since my 3 1/2 yr old was born,ive had several treatments and nothing helped.I have ovary cysts aswell.
So ,been for pre op appoint today and told i need a total hysterectomy done via abdominal incision,Ovaries and all,then Hrt. 😨. I hadnt been nervous up to now but now i am scared to death.Maybe ive played it all down too much up to now but i need some emotional support to get through this.
Also they told me i will be out in 48hrs max! Lots quicker than i have read online.Im feeling like a bad mummy as my kids are goingvto have a rubbish summer hols 😢
Unread 07-03-2014, 07:20 AM

I wish y'all the best of luck!! Ali81 I will only be staying at the hospital 24 hours. Some go home the same day..sounds crazy right?!...so definitely be thankful for 48 hours if you get it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register