TVH 4 days post hysterectomy and I had to see my ObGyn today...ughh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy and I had to see my ObGyn today...ughh 4 days post hysterectomy and I had to see my ObGyn today...ughh

Unread 09-22-2014, 01:48 PM
4 days post hysterectomy and I had to see my ObGyn today...ughh

Hi ladies! Hope your recoveries are going smoothly! Had my TVH on 9/17 and my recovery was going great until Sat. when I had my first BM. It was a disaster! I just knew I did damage. Afterwards, I couldn't sit down, I couldn't walk and I couldn't even lay on my side, because the pain was excruciating! So you can imagine how miserable I was Sat. night and all day yesterday. Called my doc this morning and she had me come in. Well of course she had to check me just to see if I had indeed done any damage...yes vaginally AND via my back side...IKR!!! I WAS NOT a happy camper as I wasn't anticipating ANYONE going near there until my 4 week post-op appt. And yep, I cried right there on the examining table. Didn't care who saw me either! She checked and my stitches were fine, nothing wrong there (thank God)!! But, all the straining I did Sat. night did cause me to develop a hemorrhoid....IKR, just what I needed! She prescribed a sitz bath, gave me a prescription for a stronger, non - narcotic pain killer(less chance of me becoming constipated) and gave me some antibacterial ointment and told me to continue my stool softener. I'm feeling better, just knowing I didn't undo anything! I'm just glad no damage was done to my vaginal cuff. Please stand in agreement with me for total healing, pain subsiding, and I'll have a peaceful sleep tonight. Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2014, 02:30 PM
4 days post hysterectomy and I had to see my ObGyn today...ughh

Hope you start feeling better soon. I am 4 weeks today and I had trouble with regular stool softeners but I have been taking Phillips Mill so Magnesia pills 2 every other day. I have no straining and it has really helped to keep me regular. I am not take strong pain killers now but the Phillips was a real help in the beginning and even now. Wishing you a fast healing.
Unread 09-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Re: 4 days out of surgery and I had to see my ObGyn today...ughh

Thanks so much bjess! I'll definitely try that...I sure don't want to be on stool softeners forever. Hopefully once I get off the painkillers, I'll be normal again! She gave me a five day supply of pain killers, just enough to get the hemorrhoid situation under control and healed. Thank God that's the only thing that's giving me pain. Other than that I'm healing pretty good. Can't wait to get to the 4 week mark! :-) Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2014, 03:20 PM

I had a TVH on the 17th too! Drink lots of water or flavored water to help as well. I will be sending you positive thoughts!!
Unread 09-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Thanks Ljl10604! Oh, I've learned my lesson...you best believe, nothing but water and gatorade for me, lol! That's what was so confusing to me...I drink nothing BUT water, go figure! I guess everyone's body reacts differently to narcotics. But I'm so glad to be feeling better! Doesn't it feel GREAT to be on the other side? Lol. Looks like we're well on our way to a successful recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register