Scheduled TVH wonders if I am feeling normal - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

wonders if I am feeling normal wonders if I am feeling normal

Unread 01-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Re: wonders if I am feeling normal

Oh Gosh, does this sound like me! I had surgery 2 1/2 months ago and for the month before surgery I thought I was losing my mind. I wasn't sleeping, stressed out, the list goes on. Now suddenly, here I am - healed and moving on. The same will happen for you. I had a lot done at once, and it took me a few weeks to begin feeling normal. But I am now completely back to all my activities "as usual" (except for sex, which I get clearance for in 2 weeks). You will have the surgery, recover from it, and move on to your life! It'll be OK!!! And as for missing the period, yes - it's a little strange to say goodbye to that, even though we all hate it. Don't know why, but it is a little bit of mourning over it. But oddly enough, I STILL have a period because I kept my cervix. It's light, but definitely there, and I was NOT happy about it when I realized that's what it was. Make sure you get enough sleep, eat well, exercise and take a little time each day for yourself, and you'll be fine! The best advice I ever got was to "take a Tylenol and get a good night's sleep". So true! Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2010, 07:45 AM

I just want to reassure all of you that this is totally normal. I was a nervous wreck before the surgery. When originally diagnosed with endometriosis I was told surgery was NOT an option. They were concerned about the extent of it, involvement with bladder, etc. So when my doctor said I needed surgery, I freaked out. I asked what had changed and what about the complications mentioned before? She referred me to an oncology gynecologic surgeon who specializes in difficult cases. I asked him multiple questions before because I was so worried. Before the surgery, I was very nervous. I think everyone gets scared about it. the good news is that everything went well with no complications from it. I would caution that you really need to listen to your doctor and not return to work until they release you. I returned 2 1/2 weeks after-had a DVH with BSO-and when I got home, I literally collapsed on the floor in agony. Spent the night with a heating pad and just praying the pain would stop. I have learned the hard way that not listening to my body has bad consequences. So please pamper yourself and let yourself heal. Don't try to push it after. This isn't a contest to see who recovers the fastest. It is your life and believe me you don't want the complications.
I am sure you will do fine. The hospitals are really good now about pain control. Tell them if you are in pain and they will give you something. Sending lots of hugs. It will be fine.
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:11 AM

Here I sit, 5 days away from TAH and today, I feel like I am going to vomit! I have my good and bad days. You are not alone! I had a bad week last week and all the Princesses told me that what I was feeling is completely normal!

Thank you to the wonderful sisters here that calm the nerves. I am thankful for this website.

Good luck in your journey!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register