Scheduled dVH/RALH Surgery in 2 weeks. Question... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in 2 weeks. Question... Surgery in 2 weeks. Question...

Unread 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Surgery in 2 weeks. Question...

Hello ladies,
I have my first set of pre-op stuff to do in the morning. But I had something really weird happen last week. I was asleep and woke up really sick to my stomach. I woke up my husband because it was REALLY BAD!!. I had my period (last one) the week before. I thought I was going to loose it. However, it came out the opposite way. I really didnt feel right and I had my husband get me a wash rag because all of the sudden I was dripping wet with sweat. Head to toes, light headed and had no strength. I felt like I was going to pass out. He stayed with me until I came back around. (probably 35 - 40 minutes.) then just as fast as it came, it left.

I asked a friend who is a dr. (not gyn) and she said it sounded like a really bad hot flash but, the diarreah was stumping her. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

I have had this happen now 4 times. This one was REALLY REALLY BAD.. It really scared me and my husband.

Is this what I have to look forward to? I'm having my uterus taken and probably my left ovary. (will know more once they get in there) and I am having a sling put in.

Any advice or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings to all.
Kelleyc0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Re: Surgery in 2 weeks. Question...

I had diarrhea with my adenomyosis. It would start as a bad cramp that felt like I was about to start my period, then bam, explosive diarrhea. My doctor said my uterus was irritating my bowel.

What you experienced could have been something you ate, a bug, anxiety, or caused by your uterus. All of those things would cause the symptoms you described.
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM

Abagayle,

Thanks for the info. My GYN thinks that I have adenomyosis because of the type and location of my pain. She said that I have all the symptoms of it. We won't know until my uterus is removed and sent off for testing.

However, that would totally make sense. Because my Uterus is enlarged it is causing my bladder to have pressure on it so maybe there is something as well irritating my bowels as well.

Anyways, Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Blessings,
Kelleyc0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM

I have had this for years...since I was maybe 16...haven't figured out what it is yet tho. I am quite anxious for my LAVH to find out tho if its related to all that.

Good luck, its no fun at all. I really do pass out about half of the time from it. I find myself on the floor naked with underwear still at my knees. My sister gets it also..no known cause.
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:23 PM

hi gomekast,
Wow you have really had a fun time. :/

Is there anything that sets you off when this happens? With me, it just hits me all of the sudden. I hate it....

I'm going to pray that this will heal all your problems to. I feel the pain. When are you having your's?

Blessings and prayers going your way.
Kelleyc0
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:35 AM

Kelleyc0,

No, mine is completely out of the blue. I get that nasty hot flash that within 5 seconds is so bad I am shaking, sweating profusely, and need to lay on a cold floor..only problem is that I know to keep myself planted near that potty. My bathroom has a ceramic tiled floor, so its usually cold. I know now that soon as I feel it coming, I rush in bathroom, get a washcloth ice cold, ring it out, get all my clothes off, and land on potty. I am there for a while.

Then, just as fast as it came. Its completely gone.

Once, I guess i called my sister as an episode came on, and I woke up to a bunch of hot firemen all around me. Oxygen on my face...only thing they found was one vitamin level slightly decreased...but nothing major to cause a deficiency. I was in my early 20's then.

Now, I am 37 and its definitely less often, but way more intense. I have been able to figure out that Augementin, all birthcontrol pills, and the Rx given for UTI all cause these episodes to come on..making it truly feel like I might die. So, needless to say, those are on my allergic to list.

Unread 05-09-2012, 10:47 AM

That sounds just like me pre-surgery, bladder and all. I have to tell you I'm LOVING my bladder now! I even sleep through the night now, where as before I had to wake up to tinkle 3 times a night.
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:01 AM

You mean to tell me that this just may go away after I have my castle date?? Oh my gosh....that's an amazing possibility!!!!
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM

Gomekast,

I'm praying that all this yucky stuff goes away. Wont it be awesome to have a real life again without all this passing out and unbelievable pains. I know I am praying it does.

Keep me informed how you are doing as you go through your first days of recovery. I'm going to be praying for you to have a fast healing.

You have your surgery next week and mine is the following Thursday.

Keep in touch.

Blessings,
Kelleyc0
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:48 AM

Abagayle,

You give me more hope than you would ever know.

Hows the recovery going? I know you are a little over 2 weeks since your castle visit.

I have been trying to follow you as much as I can. Your words of encouragement mean a lot.

Blessings,
Kelleyc0

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register