30 years old and just found out yesterday need to have a hysterectomy end of the month | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

30 years old and just found out yesterday need to have a hysterectomy end of the month 30 years old and just found out yesterday need to have a hysterectomy end of the month

Unread 07-12-2014, 06:46 AM
30 years old and just found out yesterday need to have a hysterectomy end of the month

Ok found this site and so glad I did! I'm pretty scared about having this done and need to call Monday to set up the surgery. I have 4-5 fibroids and one is in a weird spot and kind of large so the abrasion will not work. I'm only 30! Previously have had 3 csection and said they are trying to do it laproscoptic but may need to open me up and also warned me they could do something go my bladder they would fix gi but I would need a catheter for a week. I guess I'm just looking to hear some peoples stories maybe similar to mine I have 3 young boys 5, 3, and 9 months old. I gave help lined up and have let my daycare parents know what's going on. I'm just really scared ANC hmm husband doesn't want to talk about it and all my friends are to young to understand!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2014, 07:14 AM
Re: 30 years old and just found out yesterday need to have a hysterectomy end of the month

Hello there! I am also 30 years old and having a hysterectomy done this month. It's not by choice, but it is for the best. I have severe dysplasia on my cervix that just keeps coming back. After having a LEEP, and it's return, I am done being poked and cut on! Plus I'm not going to miss my extreme periods! Just know, your not alone. I have a wonderful husband to support me and two beautiful children...but I don't know, personally, any other young women going through this. I'm hanging in there and only focusing on the positive!
Unread 07-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Re: 30 years old and just found out yesterday need to have a hysterectomy end of the month

I turned 31 just 3 days after my hyster.

I had adenomyosis, endometriosis which meant lots of pain. I had the ablation in September 2013 and it only made things worse. I was in daily pain for 2 years, the hyster has changed my life.

I have 2 kids as well 11 and 9. I had one vaginal and one by csection. I was able to have a suscessful davinci assisted vaginal hyster.

I am 11 weeks post op and feeling amazing.

I'll be praying yours can be done during the lap! My friend had a TAH (emergency) 1 week before me and she's doing great now too.

My advice is get friends and family to help as much as possible, you may want to get some meals in the freezer before surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2014, 11:25 AM

Hi ladies... You are not alone on here being young and having a hysterectomy... I know you are probably the only 30 year old that you know having one.. Because I personally don't know any either, but we are here together!! I am 30 and my LAVH is planned for the 23rd of this month! I have 3 young boys as well... 6,4,2... I am scared outta my mind, but so ready to get rid of the constant bleeding and labour like debilitating pains I have! Good luck ladies, we are not alone
Unread 07-12-2014, 12:18 PM

I'm 30 and am 10 weeks post op now. It's strange as everyone who knows says " isn't that just a surgery old ladies get" wth!! Um no, it's not , you think I did thus for fun or something?
Unread 07-12-2014, 02:05 PM

Thanks ladies! That's what everyone has been telling me that it's for old ladies. I just want to feel normal again and if havering this done will make me feel better I'm all in. I'm hoping to have it done laproscoptic but she says she won't know if it can be done that way until she is in since of the previous csection scar tissue.
Unread 07-12-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmathermsu View Post
I'm hoping to have it done laproscoptic but she says she won't know if it can be done that way until she is in since of the previous csection scar tissue.
Hi, Bmath
It also shouldn't be an issue for her to do your surgery lap as well. I had an myometocmy three years ago and in an month I am having lap surgery to remove endo as well as a possible bowel resection. Because of your c-section it should be relatively easy if they have to do a TAH. I'm 31 almost 32 and I understand feeling "too young" or like the only one going through this..

I have had painful periods since the start at 10 1/2. And they have progressively gotten worse. Three years ago I have fibroids removed via the myometocmy. I was so freaked out by having fibroids (tumors) I wanted them out. I had the option of laproscopic surgery but the wait was too long so I opted for the open surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register