Fluid in uterus - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fluid in uterus Fluid in uterus

Unread 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Fluid in uterus

I never had any GI symptoms, but to me it would make sense if the uterus is enlarged for whatever reason, it would put some pressure on other areas. I hope you find your answers soon and will soon be pain free. I know after awhile the pain wears on you and your tolerance diminishes- it did for me anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Fluid in uterus

Thanks so much for everything. I went back to the doctor last Wednesday and he basically said that I had no choice and he could do a LAVH. He said that if he went ahead with another DNC it would not be a guarantee and most likely the pain would just get worse. I am in so much pain right about now and the pain / sleeping pills have me feeling drugged and out of it. I should hear today when my surgery is going to be. I have training next month for two weeks in AL, and I have to go to it. I was hoping to get it done this week or the beginning of next. All the pain and issues that you all are going through I am there with you.

Have a blessed day
Unread 01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Fluid in uterus

I wish you the best and a pain free future! It will all be behind you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Fluid in uterus

Thanks so much for all of your encouragement :-)
Unread 01-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Fluid in uterus

Oh my gosh, this is exactly what I am experiencing! I had an ablation AND my tubes tied about 6 years ago. I was fine for about four years. I had never had a cramp in my life until that I started feeling pain. And yes, it's in my right side. It feels like it's close to my right hip and sometimes it feels like back labor. It's excrutiating. I went to the same ob/gyn for about 20 years. He checked it and did an ultrasound and found that I have fluid build up in my uterus. He suggested a partial (leaving my ovaries). Fast forward a year and a half and we are now living in a different state. I found a new ob/gyn, went to see him and gave him my medical history. He reviewed my files and asked me how bad the pain was. I told him that it varied, horrible one month, fine the next. That was 9 months ago. The last 3 months have been horrible, this month being the worst. I went from being in pain about 3 days to being in pain for over a week, ending yesterday.

So I'm making an appt with my OB. By the way, this second ob told me the main problem was with the fact that I had both the ablation and tubes tied. He said it doesn't allow the fluid to drain properly which puts pressure and traps it thus causing the cramping and pain. Who knows.

So keep me informed of what happens with you! I'm very, very interested.
Unread 01-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Fluid in uterus

Daxlou,
I was told by my OB/GYN that sometimes in women that have had ablations, fluid will build up so he drained my uterus last summer. I was fine for about 2-1/2 mos and the pain started up this time on my right side. It began to get worse at the begining of Dec so I went again and build up of fluid was back. Drained again but all of it did not come out because it was hiding behind the scar tissue. At this point my hysterectomy is on emergency status and I am having it done tomorrow. I went to him in the worse pain imaginable and they had to squeeze me in last week for an appt this week. He is doing a partial (LSH), but if he gets in and sees that some scar tissue is on the outside of my uterus I will have to be cut and I really do not want that. If I were you, I would get it done because it is going to continue to worsen and I have been through a lot. I will let you know how the surgery goes :-)
Love Ya!
Unread 01-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Fluid in uterus

Coopswife0701- Good luck tomorrow, I hope all goes well and nothing else is found other than what they are anticipating. I had my TLH 4 weeks ago and I feel so much better.
Sending positive thougths and prayers your way!
Unread 01-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Fluid in uterus

I am so glad all of you are telling about the problems you've had due to your ablations. It makes me really glad I cancelled mine last May! Now i'm trying to decide about a hyst. Sounds like the ablation just isn't a good thing for everyone.
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Fluid in uterus

Heartone- Please keep in mind that you are hearing from a handful of us that it didn't work for. If you searched in other forums you will surely find a lot of women that it worked just fine for. Each situation is different and you are right it is not good for everyone. You need to have that discussion with your doctor to see if you are a good candidate.
Unread 01-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Fluid in uterus

Coopswife, good luck to you! I actually went to see my ob/gyn today and we decided to schedule the hysterectomy. He called it "post ablation syndrome" and it happens to 10% of those who have had ablations. So it's not a HUGE amount but it does happen.

Heartone, my best friend had an ablation about the same time I did and she hasn't had any problems. She loves it. So yes, there is always risk involved but to only 10% of patients. My ob told me today that there is a new cold ablation being done where they freeze the lining vs. burning it off (mine was lasered).

I will probably schedule my surgery for the end of February as we have a trip planned and I couldn't go otherwise. Will be taking lots of pain pills with me ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register