Tomorrows the day.. Bowel prep in hand, and They're OFF and running | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrows the day.. Bowel prep in hand, and They're OFF and running Tomorrows the day.. Bowel prep in hand, and They're OFF and running

Unread 03-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Tomorrows the day.. Bowel prep in hand, and They're OFF and running

well, tomorrow is the big day. I'm almost more nervous than my wedding. Yet, strangely calm too. It seems like it's been YEARS since I first joined this site, when it's been less than a month. It seemed this day would never come.
Im not quite all packed and ready. I had to leave something for this day, to keep me somewhat busy (as if the bowel prep won't keep me busy LOL)
I mixed my fleet phospho crap (no pun intended) with sprite. It still TASTED like sprite, but ..salty. Ohh, I HATE the taste of salty. I had my sprite mix in one hand, and a glass of cold water in the other. Alternated between the 2, and it was fine..
Although I burped afterwards, and thought I was going to lose it.
Now, I just sit and wait..
I did have weird dreams last night about going to work directly after the surgery.I guess thats the scariest thing I can think of . it WAS scary, too. In the dream, the co-workers disappeared. Left me with all the work, and a few unhappy customers. Unhappy customers are VERY scary!
24 hours from now, I'll be in the operating room. One of the FIRST questions I am going to ask my doc in the morning is if he slept well. LOL
*takes a deep breath, and waits for the explosion *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2004, 08:20 AM

just don't forget to semar on lots of cream and wipe gently.
Unread 03-28-2004, 08:33 AM

Thanks nancie.. The stuff is already working. ohh, it's going to be a fun day!!! *takes off running to potty*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2004, 08:43 AM

just keep singing the beverly hillbilly theme song. also don't forget to ingest a lot of clear liquids. as my doctor said, no reason to be hungry just because you can't eat food.
Unread 03-28-2004, 08:58 AM

Hi
Well this time next week I too shall join in the potty parade. Good luck, and hope all goes smoothly. Remember your sisters are with you in spirit.

Sherry
Unread 03-28-2004, 09:08 AM

I got off track this morning and now the time is clicking to NO SOLID foods - so WHAT AM I SHOVELING IN ME AS I TYPE.... RAISEN BRAIN - lol

UGH GOOD TO KNOW the prep WORKS giggle..... I think nerves kept me from doing my typical "doo doo" this am!!! I too am a bit nervous - yet calm.... but am now having some very parinoid thoughts - double guessing what I am doing - like I am thinking its already tomorrow and **can't drink** immediately after taking a sip of something.... I don't even want to be in my own HEAD today LOL

OK got to get back to chewing
Unread 03-28-2004, 09:55 AM

potty parade LOL cute, very cute

co40co.. just remember..anything you eat, will be that much more you have to poop.
I'm making my lunch. Green jello. Gourmet foods for me today!!
Unread 03-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Bowel

To all of you lovely sisters doing the bowel prep today, the good news is after my bowel prep for colonoscopy and clear liquid diet for 24 hours prior, I lost 6 pounds. Another bonus, I was so tired from my multiple trips to the bathroom, that I required very little IV sedation the day of the colonoscopy. Speaking of IV sedation, and anesthesia in general. If per chance they don't weigh you in the pre-op area now is not the time to lie about your weight like I have done for years on my driver's license. You want every bit of drug that you are entitled to so don't skimp on the weight, tell the truth as the drugs they use to put you to sleep and control pain are based on your weight. Enough of that I will be thinking about all of my sisters and know that you will all do absolutely fabulous during surgery and your post-op period. Don' forget to take your tiaras with you and make sure that the nurses are instruced to place it on your head when you return from recovery to your room. You are all princesses and the world should know. The best to all of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Suri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register