what do I do with these HUGE things.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what do I do with these HUGE things.... what do I do with these HUGE things....

Unread 03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
what do I do with these HUGE things....

called breasts!!!! I am 4 weeks post op tah and rso....so I still have my left ovary and I guess it is working overtime. My breasts are heavy as lead, tender and soooo sore. Is there anything I can do or take to make them easier to deal with? I don't even remember them being this bad during my pregnancies. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Unread 03-04-2005, 07:31 PM

Hey Anna,

Good to meet up with you online at the same time . . . doesn't happen very often. Last time we talked I was in crisis, BUT I'm finally starting to feel a little better. Just wanted to let you know I've had the breast pain also. Are you at the point that you are/would be ovulating in your cycle? That was me last week and my PMS symptoms (breast pain, leg pain, cravings, irritability) were in rare form as usual. I was wondering since it was my first cycle after hysterectomy if my ovaries were wreaking havoc because they were confused about the sad departure of my uterus. I've seen some post that the PMS symptoms do seem to level out with time and I'm hoping that's the case. Anyway, don't have any good advice about the breast pain, but hopefully it will get better soon. Mine finally subsided.

jmw
Unread 03-04-2005, 07:40 PM

I don't know what to do with mine either. They are HUGE!!!!! Dh loves them but I want them to go away now. Pamela Anderson has nothing on me. LOL

Sirap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2005, 09:16 PM

Hi ladies,

Most likely you'll have to endure this just like before until your bodies level out. Treat the pain like anything else, maybe Motrin, ice and don't forget...drink plenty of water, avoid coffee, tea, salt and any other food that triggers your body to retain fluid.
Check your calendar like mentioned to see if this is in line with your old period date. And, like always, if this persists and/or gets worse give your doctor a call.
Maralyn
Unread 03-04-2005, 09:24 PM

Sports Bras! For me the compression seems to help with the soreness of PMS & extra size! If you can avoid it, don't sleep on them! You can try ice...or a heating pad.

Colleen
Unread 03-06-2005, 09:10 PM

Hi Anna,

I'm 3 weeks out from my SAH, and my breast are huge and painful also. No it would not be my normal pms time of the month as others have suggested, not that it can't happen then too. I would have just gotten over my period. I believe with some research I have done it is just my ovaries in shock and producing way too much estrogen, they just won't stop. I asked my dr. about it at my 2 wk and she said it should get better. Maybe the progesterone cream will help. I hope so they are almost as annoying and frustrating as my bladder pain. Too much estrogen right now aids in the healing process so for once it's not a bad thing. Once I'm healed I'm gonna do all I can naturally to get a good balance of hormones. Hope this lets you know you are not alone I'm glad I'm not ethier.

Hawkeye in Iowa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register