1 week to go and getting scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week to go and getting scared! 1 week to go and getting scared!

Unread 06-12-2001, 11:03 AM
1 week to go and getting scared!

Hi, I just found this board and really love the help and great advise here. I'm scheduled for a TAH/BSO with Birch bladder repair on June 20th. The closer it comes, the more scared I become. There is so much I need to do, like clean my house really well, but all I seem to do is obsess over the upcoming event. Please tell me this is normal?

I guess the 2 things that worry me the most is the HRT, and coming home with a catheter. A friend told me that there is a catheter that I should request where you can control it yourself, meaning you can try to go to the bathroom on your own. Does anyone know anything about this?

I have ordered my Hormones from a Natural Hormone Therapist so will not be taking the synthetic kinds. She has prescribed Tri-Est (I think) and a progesterone and said we will see about Testestrone in a few months. Does this sound like a good program? I'm pretty firm about wanting to go natural if possible.

Thanks for all tips and any advise would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2001, 12:08 PM

Hi Frani!

I can't offer any info on the catheter or HRT, but I wanted to send happy thoughts your way. I am scheduled for a SSAH/poss LSO on the 21st. I'm nervous too, but calm. I've somehow come to a resolve about the surgery and am very much at peace with my decision. I'm actually looking forward to the "new life" I have ahead of me. Make sure to ask your doc about the other though. I'm sure s/he will be more than happy to discuss your alternatives.

Good Luck!
Unread 06-12-2001, 12:44 PM

My best to you! For me, the hardest part was the waiting. Cleaning house and getting things ready is a good thing to do...anything to keep yourself busy! Then you won't have time to dwell on your surgery.

It's a scarey thing. I'm glad you found this board. I didn't find it until a few weeks after. But as you can see, there are alot of women who have gone thru this before you and me, and they are doing great.

Keep thinking positive thoughts. Stock up on some good armchair reading and get a lounger for in the sun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2001, 04:58 PM
You're Doing Great!

Personally, I think you are doing great!! My surgery is not even scheduled yet and I'm already obsessing!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-12-2001, 05:17 PM
Thanks

You are all wonderful and so full of great ideas to pass the time until surgery. Catwest, you're just the day after me. I'm so glad you are at peace with it. Lilbit, hang in there. Waiting for the date was very hard for me also. Maggie, thanks, you're absolutely right, we aren't the first and won't be the last and everyone here seems well adjusted to the fact that it's done or is happening.
Deep breath, okay, just another hurdle in life. We'll all be fine, right? I'm just so happy to find this great group so full of vital information. Heck, I didn't even have any idea what I need to take to the hospital. Now I'm starting to pack! I guess a hair dryer is not real smart, is it? Gosh, can we shower and wash our hair?
One week from tonight I'll be freaking out, but have already made plans to go to my son's old school for a basketball game. He just graduated so we won't see him playing but plan on supporting his team since we'll be "empty nesters" this fall, when he leaves for college.
Okay, time to get busy, right? Thanks for the warm welcome!!! It sure helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register