Bleeding after 5 months - ER doctors no help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after 5 months - ER doctors no help! Bleeding after 5 months - ER doctors no help!

Unread 05-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Bleeding after 5 months - ER doctors no help!

Anyone please help! Went to my doctor 3 days ago and told him I hurt in center of belly after urination for past month. He thought maybe bladder infection. Tested me, but negative. Had intercourse yesterday and started bleeding. Went to ER and they did pelvic and say small clot had formed and removed clot. They diagnosed "post-coital bleeding" and sent me home. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE??? ER told me to call doctor on Monday, no intercourse and little activity. I'm worried my cuff is torn, failing, falling out of my body. My anxiety is through the roof and doctors didn't make me feel better. The refused a sonogram at my request and I don't know if I'm overreacting with fear. My greatest fear is another surgery or lesions building up that they are putting off due to managed health care thing. Are they waiting for me to hemorrhage before they do something? I've read a lot about other hystersisters having bleeding from minor to major problems. I don't know how to feel or what to do. ER doctor said "very unusual" and he was adamant I had a bleeding urinary infection, but his test was negative also. Anyone's input is greatly appreciated. I feel very alone and frightened right now. I feel like I just took 20 steps backward in my recovery. I've had a pretty smooth recovery and feel very grateful, but I feel like doctors don't have time, don't care until it's a dire emergency. Need support please. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2006, 09:15 AM

Your own doctor could probably be reached even on the weekend (or if he/she's in a group, the person on call). I'd try, just for the reassurance from my own doc.
Let us know what happens.

52,TAH/BSO
Unread 05-20-2006, 05:25 PM

Hi kath, I had an incident with post-coital bleeding a long time ago before my hyst. I passed a very large blood clot. At the time, I was living in the boonies, two hours away from any medical help. The nurse told me that if I couldn't get in to see a doctor, the best thing to do was to put up my feet and rest, not go to work, not do anything .
What I am saying is that it can be possible to have problems with blood clots after intercourse that have nothing to do with your hysterectomy. Of course, you should see your dr asap and not hesitate to go back to the er if you continue having pain and bleeding.
I know it is hard not to worry and be anxious about the whole thing. I am hoping that this is just a little hiccup in your recovery. Hugs to you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register