Kinda frustrated w/comments | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kinda frustrated w/comments Kinda frustrated w/comments

Unread 01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Kinda frustrated w/comments

I know that my surgery is a lot easier to recover from than a "full" hysterectomy. I had a supracervical laproscopic hysterectomy that left my ovaries and cervix. As soon as anyone hears that it was laproscopic, the response has been, "Oh, that's no big deal. You will be all good in a two weeks or so."

You would think I just went in for a wart removal from the responses I get. It's kinda frustrating. Even my kids asked me if I was "all healed" now. Two days post op and they are teenagers.

Is it just me being sensitive or does anyone else get kinda blown off when you say your surgery was laproscopic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Re: Kinda frustrated w/comments

A hysterectomy is a hysterectomy is a hysterectomy, things are cut, removed, sutured, etc. Just because yours did not included an 8" incision....you were cut none the less!!. Please dont let anyone make you feel as though you just had a tooth pulled or a butterfly stitch put on.....you need to heal just like the rest of us, it can be painful and takes time. People cannot understand unless they have been thru it.

TAH/BSO
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:57 PM

Thanks. I needed to hear that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2010, 09:34 PM

[quote=stymie01;3102486]A hysterectomy is a hysterectomy is a hysterectomy, things are cut, removed, sutured, etc. Just because yours did not included an 8" incision....you were cut none the less!!. Please dont let anyone make you feel as though you just had a tooth pulled or a butterfly stitch put on.....you need to heal just like the rest of us, it can be painful and takes time. People cannot understand unless they have been thru it.

Hi that makes me feel better. I am 4 weeks and 3 days post op.
I went back to work with an assistant who does sooo much. It takes everything out of me. But coming home I collapse and my boyfriend helps but its reluctant. I am too frustrated exausted and trying to hold it all together. Not to mention my birthday is sunday 42.yuck.
My boyfriend stays up and watches playboy channel alot makes me feel un attracted and unwanted. I am the one who ordered it for him for a christmast present, thinking it was a fun joke we could watch together and then I found out I had to do this immediately. Better than him going out I suppose. Altnough he has given me great compliments. I have lost 10 pounds and I still have to force myself to eat.
After its all over my new tummy tuck will be great and I am sure its all worth it. I am just so trying not to be depressed! Thank goodness for this site.!
Unread 01-29-2010, 11:04 PM

Hi Famlyferst,

I also had a LSH (Laparoscopic Supracervical Hyst) and even though it is a less invasive hyst it is still *major* surgery. So I might suggest...just do your best to channel out any comments that do no help with your well being. All us Hyster Sisters...no matter what type of hyst we have...only have one chance to get our recovery right. So take all the time you need to heal.

Just let your body do the talkin' in post-op...and just say no to anything that might sound like too much. It probably is

In immediate post-op, we LSH ladies might look great on the outside and we are still healing on the inside.

Best wishes with your recovery~

Mary
Unread 01-29-2010, 11:37 PM

Yes, I am getting the same response from some people. My friend said "well I had a c section and was taking care of my baby on my own when I got home from the hospital". I have a 9 month old and we have been taking him to daycare on the days my husband can't be around to help me. I told her, well I am not going to jepordize my healing. My baby is 25 pounds, and way too much to be lifting right now. When I feel like I have done too much, I just say "I'm hurting right now, could I get help with ****, or I need to lay down for a while" So far my husband has been great, thank god!
Just do what your body tells you, and let people know how you are feeling.
Take care,
Melissa
Unread 01-30-2010, 08:42 AM

I am two days out and I was getting some of that from co workers before I went out, so I explained to them that no matter your incisions or how fast they heal its the inside that is the worse, I told them in doctor lingo it is called an amputation. I told them that in 8 weeks you are 40 percent healed, in 6 months 75 percent and in a year 100 hundred percent if there are no complications. I told them inside you it is the equivalent of hundreds of stitches. I am no doctor but I read up on all this so maybe that Will make you feel better and maybe even you can pass this on to anyone who annoys you. One thing I have learned from being on this sight is that we only get one chance to heal right and if we don't relax and take the time we could have problems with pain for the rest of our life.
Unread 01-30-2010, 09:01 AM

I got some of that before I went in, too. It was kind of aggravating to say how I would be before I even went in, but I just blew it off. I knew that I would be different than anyone else and I would just take all the time I needed to heal while I had the chance to do it. So, I am. I was in Monday and today is Saturday and at this point in time I have absolutely no idea how anyone is better from this in 2 weeks. My insides are so sore still, I just can't see myself moving around like normal in another week. I just finally started getting tired yesterday. We will all take our time and heal correctly together.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register