Scheduled TAH Has anyone been told that because of their anatomy they have to have a TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone been told that because of their anatomy they have to have a TAH Has anyone been told that because of their anatomy they have to have a TAH

Unread 06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Has anyone been told that because of their anatomy they have to have a TAH

My doctor said that because my uterus is so retroverted and because my cervix won't descend it has to be removed. Has anyone ever heard of anything like that? My cervix is completely healthy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Re: Has anyone been told that because of their anatomy they have to have a TAH

I'm no expert but this sounds like a situation where a 2nd opinion is in order. If you hear the same thing then you'll have a better idea. But couldn't it be a lap procedure anyway?
Unread 06-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Re: Has anyone been told that because of their anatomy they have to have a TAH

dragonfly,

I was told that same thing by my first gyn, just because of my anatomy and severly retroflexed uterus. I was not happy with the treatment I was receiving, so I got a new ob gyn. He told me I would have to have a TAH also. His reason was due to my anatomy, and that my uterus was up high and there were a lot of blood vessels up high, that would make it extremely difficult. He said a TAH would be the safest for me. So, after getting the same opinion twice, I decided to go ahead with the TAH. Also with my first gyn, (kind of backtracking- sorry) I needed to have a uterine biopsy which was supposed to be done in her office. Nope didnt happen, could not dilate the cervix. So, it had to be done in the hospital with general anesthesia at which time I also had an ablation, which failed, never did work. I had also had a previous c-section, so not sure if that has anything to do with it either. Hope this helps some. Good luck on whatever you decide.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register