Still Leaking urine after hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still Leaking urine after hysterectomy Still Leaking urine after hysterectomy

Unread 01-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Re: Still Leaking

My appointment is in a couple hours! Thank you so much for all of your help & I will let you all no what he says as soon as I can!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2014, 09:43 AM

Glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing that. I had LASH 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I had very little bleeding in the hospital but just had the "leakage." Around 10 days to 2 weeks I started with bright red blood but nothing that a pantyliner couldn't handle. I did have to change about every 1-2 hours just because it was gross, not because it was too much. Sometimes I think it is urine also, but because it feels warm and is yellow. I go to doctor on Wednesday and will ask as well. A nurse friend who had VH said the more you do, the more you bleed. I haven't noticed a difference either way.
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Still Leaking urine after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlong2004 View Post
Glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing that. I had LASH 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I had very little bleeding in the hospital but just had the "leakage." Around 10 days to 2 weeks I started with bright red blood but nothing that a pantyliner couldn't handle. I did have to change about every 1-2 hours just because it was gross, not because it was too much. Sometimes I think it is urine also, but because it feels warm and is yellow. I go to doctor on Wednesday and will ask as well. A nurse friend who had VH said the more you do, the more you bleed. I haven't noticed a difference either way.
Thank you.. That would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2014, 01:25 PM

I am back from my appointment & i asked my Dr am i going to Leak forever? Dr said it is normal to leak urine for awhile but because I have pain after I urinate he gave me antibiotics & said I have a bladder infection but if im still leaking 5 days after taking them to call so we can look into it more! Other then that he said everything looks fine. I am able to go back to working but have to be easy & I have another follow up in 4 weeks!
Unread 01-06-2014, 03:12 PM

My doctor and the nurse both said it was not urine. I still had a Foley catheter in at that time. It does not smell like urine (it doesn't have any odor at all) and sometimes has the consistency of cervical mucus but is yellow like urine (like egg white consistency but yellow?). They both told me it was normal and vaginal discharge. It's getting better but still happening even after Foley catheter came out. It's higher up on the pad than I would think vaginal discharge would occur but after looking in a mirror, I think it's the path of least resistance. I had a lot of prolapse repair and my labia seem to kind of stick together and block the vaginal opening. The swelling is gone. I think it could be vaginal discharge that just creeps upward and gives the appearance of urethral discharge.

In any case it's getting less and less-never been more than a teaspoon per pad and it was blood tinged but now is just yellow.
Unread 01-09-2014, 10:03 AM

Went for my 3-week follow up yesterday. My doctor said the bleeding and leaking was normal and should be gone by this time next week. He said that it is everything getting arranged and healing and old blood from the surgery coming out. He was very pleased with my outcome. The "bad" part is that when I was finished he told me to just come back for my regular pap smear appointment. When I was checking out, the secretary told me that my annual was due anytime after 1/11/14!! OMG I have to go back in February for my pap smear!! Had I thought to ask prior, he could've done it when it was doing my exam yesterday. Might not hurt to ask if anyone does not know when their annual is due.
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:29 AM

Are you able to urinate normally? I had a nicking my bladder and couldn't go, but was leaking urine from my incision. It was pinkish as well. It may be a fistula, where there is a hole between your urethra and vagina that is causing the leak. Definitely let your dr know- leaking urine isn't normal and you shouldn't have to deal with that. Hugs and prayers.
Unread 01-10-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baristajan22 View Post
Are you able to urinate normally? I had a nicking my bladder and couldn't go, but was leaking urine from my incision. It was pinkish as well. It may be a fistula, where there is a hole between your urethra and vagina that is causing the leak. Definitely let your dr know- leaking urine isn't normal and you shouldn't have to deal with that. Hugs and prayers.
I am still leaking. I just talked to a friend that had the same surgery as me & said they didn't leak at all! Im scared my Dr isnt taking this serious so I think Im going to a different ER for a 2nd opinion to find out why im still leaking thank you for letting me know
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysgr8 View Post
I am still leaking. I just talked to a friend that had the same surgery as me & said they didn't leak at all! Im scared my Dr isnt taking this serious so I think Im going to a different ER for a 2nd opinion to find out why im still leaking thank you for letting me know
My doctor said that they had to do extensive work on my bladder to separate it from the uterus. He explained that the muscles need time to recoup after being worked on and that it should get better as the bladder heals. If it's still leaking in a week I am suppose to call back and well take the next step. Don't know what that is but since I'm still leaking, I guess I'll find out soon.

I'm not sure if you had any bladder involvement in your surgery, but if you did that may be a part of what's going on.

Hope it gets better soon.
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisygir View Post
My doctor said that they had to do extensive work on my bladder to separate it from the uterus. He explained that the muscles need time to recoup after being worked on and that it should get better as the bladder heals. If it's still leaking in a week I am suppose to call back and well take the next step. Don't know what that is but since I'm still leaking, I guess I'll find out soon.

I'm not sure if you had any bladder involvement in your surgery, but if you did that may be a part of what's going on.

Hope it gets better soon.
Hope you get better soon to! I came into the ER just in case. I am still having pain after I urinate even after taking all of my antibiotics.. I didn't no the bladder was that close & kind of wish my Dr would have told me there could be Bladder issues after surgery but he didn't. Hopefully we both stop leaking soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register