Which undies are best? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Which undies are best? Which undies are best?

Unread 09-22-2003, 07:20 AM
Which undies are best?

Just went over the "what to bring" article and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what "big, comfy, undies" might be best (and cheap). I'm a thong and low rise bikini girl so I'm not really sure what to look for.

Kim =^..^=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2003, 07:34 AM
Which undies are best?

I used (from Walmart ) 2 sizes larger than normal up to the waist cotton undies for a couple of months during my recovery. It is a personal choice and what is comfortable for you will probably depend on what type of hyst you have. I had a tah so wanted nothing around my incision ( actually didn't wear undies at all for the first few days ).
s
Unread 09-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Which undies are best?

Kim, the ladies here on this site say that Love Pats are the best undies to purchase because they stretch to about 3 different sizes. You can find them either at Wal-Mart or K-Mart for less than 5 bucks for 3 pairs. I am going to go buy me some before my surgery. Some ladies had a hard time finding them, but my Wal-mart had loads of them. All different sizes too. Best of Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Which undies are best?

Skip Kmart and go to Wal-Mart. Our Kmart does not carry the Love Pats, good luck on your panty hunt.

s

Donna
Unread 09-22-2003, 07:42 AM
Which undies are best?

Hi Kim

I asked this very question a couple of weeks ago and was directed to a brand called LOVE PATS They are micro fiber with cotton crotch. I had considered maternity pants or extra large panties but didn't want a lot of excess fabric in the butt area.

They sell at WallMart

Love Pats are fantastic; they stretch between three sizes and I can hardly tell I have them on. They are very very light, and the legs openings and waist do not bind at all. Even with pads.

They are three to a package for under $5.00; and are well worth a royal look see.

I understand that a store called Roses on the east coast also carries them.

Hope this helps
Unread 09-22-2003, 07:52 AM
Which undies are best?

Definitely Love Pats! They feel like you're not really wearing anything, they're very light and very, very comfortable. You could also get cotton "granny panties" at the local Dollar General store pretty cheap.

One word of warning though, don't wear the larger sizes too long and here's why: like most new princesses, when I had my surgery in May, 2002, I bought some granny panties - you know the ones I mean - cotton, high waisted, two sizes too big. Well, they've been so comfortable that I just continued to wear them, even now 16 months later.

I've recently noticed, however, that they are no longer several sizes too big. They now actually fit!!!! Horror of horrors! My butt has expanded to fit the wretched things, much like how a goldfish, when placed in a larger bowl, will grow to fit its new environment!!

Ladies, beware and take my tragic tale (no pun intended) to heart!!! Don't wear your granny panties a moment longer than necessary or you too may find that one day your hiney has grown to fit its environment!!!

Sorrowfully yours,

Lisa
Unread 09-22-2003, 07:55 AM
Which undies are best?

My local Walmart carries only Love Pats maternity - are these the right undies? I got a pack and they seem *big* with no support that I could feel ... but I'm not used to wearing big panties (I wear bikini-cuts normally).

- Andrea
Unread 09-22-2003, 07:56 AM
Which undies are best?

Thank you soooo much!! As it stands now I will be having a TAH. I lost about 65 lbs a year ago and got rid of all my "roomy" panties and am just kicking myself!!! I'll pick some of those up and will probably go "commando" under my big men's jammy bottoms as much as possible, but it will be nice to have comfy panties when I can't do that! Will head for the Super Walmart this evening.

Huggage to all!

Kim
Unread 09-22-2003, 07:57 AM
Which undies are best?

Kim - the only thing that I can say Is that I brought maternity pants and panties to the hospital with me. I put on the stuff when it was time to go home and even with the swelly belly they both hit right where my incisions were (I had an lsh) and I about died! I ended up rolling them down under the belly. Fortunately I was wearing a big shirt!

Good luck to you!

Amy
Unread 09-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Which undies are best?

*LOL* I am giggling uncontrollably about the goldfish bowl effect!!!! The minute I heal those drawers will be ousted into the dustbin!! *LOL* Looks like I will have to try a couple different styles just to be sure which one is right for me. Thanks for all the advice!

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register