Fevers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Fevers

I'm 2 weeks out after TAH-BSO. I am overweight to begin with so the pain in the incision from this bigger than normal fat stomach is annoying to say the least. I am having fevers every day, never higher than 100.4 or so and they checked for infection which was clear, the incision is clear. I had the surgery because of fibroids, adenomyosis, my right ovary had a large growth (I'm 50 years old and they didn't like the length of time that was staying there) so they just took it all out! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am never tired. I wish I was so I could rest more but I am restless!! I want to go out and do things. I tried going grocery shopping with my husband yesterday and made it through half the story, again not tired, but the pain was bad. Has anyone out there had the fevers too? And I feel very strange at night, body temperature wise. Its not like I have hot flashes but its more like chills, then a little sweating, then I check and I have a fever but the covers get thrown off, back on again, off again. Nothing is comfortable. I'm not on the HRTs yet. I had a patch for one week and then one off so they're trying me again with Climara.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Fevers

I am now about 6 weeks out (TAH/BSO) and I have been running a temp. between 100.5 and 101 on most days. I really have only taken my temp. when I just don't feel well. Not usually pain, but more pressure in abdomen. I assume it's usually just that i'm tired.
I'm using vivelle dots, but I don't think that hot flashes would cause an elevated body temp. No hot flashes since a few days post-op.
My doc did several test to be sure I don't have an infection. My white count is slightly elevated but the ultrasound looks good. I'm not sure what to think, but I will
check with my PCP if this doesn't resolve.

I'm interested in seeing the posts to this!

Anyone else have ideas!

Laura
Unread 03-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Fevers

I am almost 3 weeks post LAVH and I was able to keep my ovaries so no hormone therapy. I have also been having fevers on a daily basis, anywhere from 99.5 up to 101. I have been having more pain than I think I should be at this point also. I spoke with my doctor two days ago and he is sending me for an ultrasound and CBC to rule out any fluid and/or blood in the pelvis as well as infection. I'm so frustrated because I thought that by now I would be feeling great!

Maybe a call to your doctor would be a good idea.

Hang in there!

Lynne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register