4 Weeks and Feeling Great...How About You? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Weeks and Feeling Great...How About You? 4 Weeks and Feeling Great...How About You?

Unread 06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
4 Weeks and Feeling Great...How About You?

Hello All--
I had my SAH on May 18th and I am only 4 weeks out and feel terrific!! No more nagging pain all the time only some discomfort sometimes. I walk about four miles a day ( 2 miles, twice) and do most of the normal activities before surgery, except heavy lifting of course. My incision looks wonderful, even though he used the one from my c-section, I though the skin woulnd't heal as fast with scar tissue there already. I am looking forward to going back to work (never thought I'd say that!) I go for my first post-op appt. on Monday so hopefully he let's me work light duty. I know there is alot of healing going on inside, so I need to "take it easy" I have never been one to pamper myself and now I know that it is really important to do so. When I say "pamper" I mean not lay around and do nothing, I had to make myself get up and do a little at a time rest when I needed to and sometimes just because I wanted to!!
I know there are other women who are having a difficult time and I wish you the best of luck and hope you feel better soon .
I also hope there are other women who are felling great and getting on with a pain free life and would like to here those stories too.
I am getting long winded so I'll go now wishing you well and know that there is support for us here with our sisters!
Tammy~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 03:43 PM

Hi,

I had my TAH also on 5/18. I too am feeling pretty good. No pain meds. Occasional belly discomfort or heavy feeling but thats it. I am driving, can go shopping for short amount of time. I haven't lifted anything more than a gallon of milk since the surgery and plan to continue on as long as I can. I am lucky that my husband has been able to be around alot to help out. I walk a little more than 3 miles once a day and have actually picked my pace up quite a bit so that it actually feels like I am getting something out of it. Still battling the swelly belly though!!! I hear so many mixed messages on it going away- some feel exercising makes it last longer, others say that exercise is good for you and helps to get rid of it! I know mine is definitly worse after walking but I do not have any discomfort with the walking so I don't think it is bad for me and the Dr. said that it was the best thing I could do. I am hoping that despite swelling more after the walk, that in the long run the walking will benefit me!! I hope so! I can't say I am anxious to return to work--I have loved every minute of this home time. My MD is planning on giving me 8 weeks (actually said he would give me 12 if I wanted as I am a nurse and on my feet alot). I am lucky to be receiving full pay for whole time!!
Hope your recovery continues to go well!
Stormy
Unread 06-16-2005, 04:03 PM

It's good to hear positive things being said about you feeling so good. I am having my surgery tomorrow and getting real nervous! I am definitely not one to lie around and feel like I am going to go nuts. Hopefully I will enjoy some much needed time off but I plan on going back to work in just over two weeks if everything goes good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 04:14 PM

Hi, I am 4 weeks tomarrow! I am feeling pretty good, but started getting a new pain around left side of my incision yesterday. Who knows?????
I am only up to walking about 1.5 miles at a time, but that feels pretty good, think I will start doing more.
I went today and did about 5 hours of shopping altogether at 4 different stores, was a bit sore when I got home, but not too tired.
I am NOT looking forward to going back to work, I just love this time being off and being able to catch up on things. And going to bed and getting up when I want and taking naps if I need them. I am hoping I can stay off til July 11. Mine will be paid also.
I do not really have the swelly belly thankfully, it actually is smaller than before sugery despite all the work they did on me. I hope it doesn't show up later on??
I am also back to doing alot around the house. Cleaning, cooking, dusting, takign care of the barn and house animals(except for the lifting). I only need Alleve now for pain control.
I would say my very biggest problem right now is the not sleeping at night. I just lay there and lay there! Not like me at all, so I feel like I am progressively getting more exhausted. I also don't have the endurance that I would like. No way could I handle being on my feet taking care of patients (physical therapy) for 10 hours at a time like my job intails. Hope it gets better soon!
Keep the good recoveries up gals, good work!!!! Isn't it nice to have that surgery behind us?? Tiffany
Unread 06-17-2005, 09:52 AM

Just moving this up, hoping to hear from some more of you 4 weekers! Hope you all are doing well. Tiffany

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register