10wks post op very sad,no sex drive,period just yuk | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10wks post op very sad,no sex drive,period just yuk 10wks post op very sad,no sex drive,period just yuk

Unread 04-02-2006, 02:27 PM
10wks post op very sad,no sex drive,period just yuk

Hello 10 wks post of after having abdominal hyst ovaries are still there but i am still down in the dumps,no swelly belly no weight gain so should feel good but i dont.Have had sex but for thr last 2 wks no sex drive whats so ever may as well be numb for all i feel.Slight period for 4 days called doctor and was told this sometimes happens.Marvellous!!! Anyone else loose there sex drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2006, 03:56 PM

djwith, I am sorry you are having a rough time. You are still early in your recovery so it may take some more time. For me the emotional healing took longer than the physical healing, you may be suffering from depression. If it keeps up please call your dr and let him know about how you are feeling. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Carol
Unread 04-02-2006, 05:12 PM

djwith, I'm with you girl, I had a tah/bso so no ovaries. no prescription hormones, trying natural. and i don't have a sex drive either. but then i didn't have much of one before either except right before i started my period (which my dh was thankful for). and now with no period - i guess i'm kinda lost. and having no period has been nice - all that bleeding... so i'm waiting for the natural hormones to kick in. Keep looking forward cause its better than the way it was!!!!
jaxwife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2006, 08:42 AM

djwith - Sorry to hear you are having a tough time right now. I seemed to have a really tough time around 10 weeks too. I went back to work at 6, adjusted ok, but then got very emotional and exhausted. Hang in there - it WILL get better. It has not been very long for you, and from everything I've ready, it can take closer to 6 months to really feel great. Hugs to you!!!
Unread 04-03-2006, 09:29 AM

We had our surgeries on the same day; although both my ovaries were removed. I, too, have no sex drive. DH and I still have not had sex. I "take care" of him so that he doesn't get frustrated - but I have NO interest in sex at all, and I had quite the libido prior to my surgery. DH keeps telling me to be patient, that things will get back to normal, but in the same way that we know our own bodies, I just know the sex drive will never come back. I wish you luck, though.
Unread 04-03-2006, 09:43 AM

djwith:
I'm with you girl! I had my hyster (keep overies) a week before yours. My sex drive seemed pretty good after we got the ok from the doctor but lately, it's gone. We had sex the other day and I was sore for a week, I thought I was lubed ok but I guess I was wrong (TMI!!)!! So the next time I used a little k.y. and that helped.
Luckily, my hubby is very understanding!
Good luck.
Deana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register