Scheduled TVH Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Scared

I'm new here and not sure how this works. I am scheduled for a TVH possible TAH on 8/4. I don't know what to expect and need some advice. My pre-op appt isn't until the day BEFORE my sugery. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Re: Scared

Hi and welcome. I had a TAH on July 7th and the unknown was the worst of it. The surgery went fine and I was not really in much pain afterwards. If I did something, then I would hurt. You quickly learn to be careful. By the second day I was off iv meds and just taking oral meds. I went home that afternoon. I over did it a few days later and learned my limitations quickly. The hardest part is getting up. I used a pillow over my belly to support it and that helps. I am now 2 weeks 2 days post op and feel great. No pain meds. Let yourself heal! If you have any specific questions please PM me! Godd luck and you are strong and this will be a piece of cake!

Chris
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:16 AM

HI,
Mine was May 20th. I was hoping for laparoscopic but ended up with the full bikini incision. I too had very little pain and no complications. I went home on the 2nd day. It was very frustrating not being able to do anything and I got really bored but I started walking right away. First just to my neighbor's driveway and back but little by little I got up to 2 miles a day. After that I collapsed in the lawn chair with a book everyday. By 8 weeks I felt completely back to normal. The only thing I can't do yet are abdominal exercises. I'm jogging, doing weights at the gym and yoga. Before you know it you'll be better then ever too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2010, 11:07 AM

I just had a TVH (didn't know until they go in there if I needed it vaginal or abdominal. (surgery was Wednesday) got out of recovery & into room by 3p and was discharged about 9am yesterday (less than 24hrs). surgery ended up being 1hr :15min.

It really was very easy.I was on a morphine pump which only delivered medication when I pushed the bolus button and as the day went on i used it less and less. It was programmed for 1mg every 6 minutes if needed.
Infact from 2a-6am I only used it a couple of times, then never used it from 6a on. And the only reason I pushed the button at 6am was because they were taking out my cath. out. (which didn't hurt either).

I first couple of times I got up in the hospital I used a pillow to support my stomach, but haven't used one since I've been home.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register