TAH coming up soon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH coming up soon TAH coming up soon

Unread 06-07-2012, 05:07 AM
TAH coming up soon

I'm 57 and am having a TAH on June 12 due to an exsisting fibroid that began growing quite rapidly after shrinking somewhat. I've been 14 months with no period and I started bleeding like a regular period. Was sent to a Gyn/Onc by my regular Gyn. My fibroid is 17 cm. Yes, really huge. It was always around 11. I was scheduled for the TAH a week after I first saw her. She is concerned about it being cancer and so am I. I have no family history or risk factors except age but I am so scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Re: Women aged 50+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino12 View Post
I'm 57 and am having a TAH on June 12 due to an exsisting fibroid that began growing quite rapidly after shrinking somewhat. I've been 14 months with no period and I started bleeding like a regular period. Was sent to a Gyn/Onc by my regular Gyn. My fibroid is 17 cm. Yes, really huge. It was always around 11. I was scheduled for the TAH a week after I first saw her. She is concerned about it being cancer and so am I. I have no family history or risk factors except age but I am so scared.
I was rather scared when I got the news of my diagnoses of complex hyperplasia w/ atypia (abnormal pre-cancer cells).
I am glad that I had my TAH done when I did. When the doctor got in to where the abnormal cells were she found black spots as well. Everything turned out to be pre-cancerous at the top percentage of becoming cancer. She got all the bad stuff out when she removed everthing. No radiation needed. I go for my 6 week post=op check-up.
My pain level is better than it was in the beginning. I am walking some better, but still slow. My stitches still haven't all dissolved. I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 06-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Re: TAH coming up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino12 View Post
Although I am yonger than you I had the same diagnosis. My stomach was huge. I had someone ask me if I was having a baby. My fibroids were inside and outside of my uterus. I had an MRI but they still couldn't tell what was going on inside of me. My GYN sent me to the oncologist to do the surgery just in case it was cancerous (it wasn't thank GOD). Please try to keep a positive attitude and DO NOT embrace the negative. I know it is hard, because your mind always wanders. I had a whole month from the date I scheduled the surgery to do nothing but think. I tried to keep a positive attitude and I did not "claim" anything negative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Re: TAH coming up soon

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm trying really hard to think positively.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register