More is it normal post hysterectomy questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More is it normal post hysterectomy questions More is it normal post hysterectomy questions

Unread 03-15-2014, 05:56 PM
More is it normal post hysterectomy questions

Sorry - me again.... I'm 3 days post TLH. Been feeling great - but tonight I've have more things develop:

My spotting had quit the day after surgery and I had no spotting yesterday. Tonight I've started spotting bright red again.

Also - my clitoris is super sore. This is brand new tonight. May be caused from the non-stop wearing of pads and panty liners or from the fact that I haven't shaved down there - which is not normal for me lol....

Last night when walking I got some sharp pains that felt like they were inside my vagina - the pains come and go.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Re: More is it normal post hysterectomy questions

Hi.

Spotting is normal. The rule of the thumb, is that bright red blood is not. So, if that's what your experiencing then you should call you dr. I stopped bleeding two days after my surgery for about 5 days and then I started spotting again.

I haven't experienced the clitoris pain you mention. But Pads do cause irritation. If you can go without wearing one at night, that may help. Also try to get the really thin pads instead of the bulky ones.

I did experience the sharp pains in the vagina. I'm guessing it is the cuff. It can be pretty uncomfortable at times. I'm also going to ask my doctor about this when I see him next week.
Unread 03-15-2014, 10:37 PM

I had the sharp vaginal pains and the sore clitoris. Try panty liners instead of pads if you spotting is light. This helps with the rubbing/irritating the area.

My doctor told me that bright red was not normal and to call if I experienced it. So call the doctor to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2014, 10:52 PM

Some docs say bright red is ok if there isn't toomuch of it, so don,'t panic. Just give your doc a call.
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:37 AM

If you aren't spotting much at night, try wearing a nightie or even just a tee shirt and no panties. That might give you some relief from the soreness.

The sharp occasional vaginal pains are normal. I would check with the doc on the bright red bleeding. It may be nothing but always good to check that as it indicates fresh blood. You may have pulled a stitch.
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:39 AM

Thanks ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register