not getting better and sad - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

not getting better and sad not getting better and sad

Unread 12-07-2006, 10:00 AM
not getting better and sad

I want you all to come over here and sit down beside me so I can gently remind you about how much trauma and dissection your body went through.
MAJOR,,,, remember that word,,,, MAJOR surgery.

What ever you do, don't feel bad for taking time to heal.
You just had MAJOR SURGERY.
Your poor little body was chemically swarmed, knocked out and woke up with parts of its insides cut out.

This healing is not a linear process. One day you will feel pretty good and then you do too much and WHAM back on your back for a day or two.
Sometimes you feel good for a few days, don't think you did too much and then all the sudden you are achy and tired and want nothing more than to lie on the couch.
The thing we forget here is that 'we' may not be doing too much (or at least think we are not) but our bodies are doing an enormous amount .... they are healing at a pace that is unbelievable.... just cause WE aren't doing 'it' does not mean our bodies are not working so very hard for us...

give yourself a hug and know you ARE doing great!
to feel good one day and tired and achy the next is not so unusual.
BUT if you have a fever crop up, RED blood or lots of blood, smelly discharge or severe pain,,,, then do be sure to call the doctors. You are not bothering them, that is what they are there for!
It will get better. One day you are just going to think to yourself - wow - all day long has passed - I have done this and this and this and besides being tired, I feel good....
Soon, that day is coming for you too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2006, 12:33 PM

Yes, you will feel better. I'm only 7 weeks out today...I have good days and the bad days aren't as bad as they were. It takes time. I don't have any ovaries left, and can't take hormones as I had endometrial cancer, but have been exceedingly fortunate...NO hot flashes or major mood swings...Oh, an occasional crying jag...mostly because I am tired and not sleeping well. But everyday gets better! I just think of how far I've come and realize it is all worth it! Hang in there! Here's a big hug for you!
Unread 12-07-2006, 12:56 PM

Hey sista,

I was reading your post and silly as it sounds I was looking around for insurance prices too. I thought since I got laid off of my job because of the hyst, I need to do something to feel useful. I am curious where did you go to save the 400.00. You can e-mail me if you don't want to post it here. mail4shari@hotmail.com.

LSH--kept cervix and ovaries
Unread 12-07-2006, 04:05 PM

CINDYGRINZ - You are a logical ray of sunshine. God bless you for slapping us (me) in the face with the facts. You are right it was a MAJOR trauma to our bodies and we owe it to the poor thing to take it easy. Couch here I come!!!!!
Unread 12-07-2006, 04:10 PM

What was that I said about the couch - yeah KIDS ARE FIGHTING!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register