Ready to Scream! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ready to Scream! Ready to Scream!

Unread 09-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Re: Ready to Scream!

I think I'm headed for the redo too, except my problem is that some of my stitches aren't dissolving. They may have to cut them out and restitch my perineum. Ice is my best friend. Sometimes I just sit on my refreezable ice pack for hours to keep the area numb so I can't feel the pain. My kids are 12, 5, and 1.5 yo. After 5 weeks of mom not being mom, they are just as over it as I am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2010, 05:24 AM

Ladybug,
Sorry to hear that you may have to have surgery to fix this. That is definitely not a fun thing. Hopefully it will help you so that you don't have as much pain. My sister has a lot of problems with sitting and she had mentioned that using a cushion with a hole in it sometimes helps. Don't know if this will help at all but just wanted to pass it along. Hope you feel better.
Sending to you.
Unread 09-18-2010, 06:58 AM

watata- glad that some action has taken place to relieve your pain. Prayers that the antibiotic and norco work their magic for you!

Ladybug- hugs- sorry that you too have to have an additional surgery. Feel well!
Unread 09-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Oh wow, we are like in the same boat! I had my TLH and then had to have my stiches redone like I mentioned. I too have a 12, 10, 4, 1.5 and they miss mom being mom. I homeschool them too! So things are getting pretty crazy, thankgoodness for summer I'll have to do some catch-up then. My littlest one throws her hands up at me to pick her up and realizes I can't and goes and finds one of the boys to pick her up and snuggle her. I want to cry! That's my job. I have to remember its only a short time in comparision to the rest of my life I have to be good!
I will be praying for you. It's so hard the second time. I was five weeks too and it's like starting over when you were soooo close to the finish line. I have to admit one small other thing when they redo the stiches it feels like you have a tennis ball in there for days and it throbs. If you can, the best is IB prophen 4 tablets is what I'm taking you should ask your dr though. You can take it with your pain meds but make sure your dr knows. I'm praying for you.
Mandie or dmdemarzo
Unread 09-18-2010, 08:00 PM

Thak you all for the encouragement. I can't take motrin, but my dr has prescribed me Toradol which works very well. I had just hoped to be off meds by now. I went to our local country fair and parade today and after an hour and a half I was hurting so bad I almost could not walk. I had taken my toradol but skipped the vicodin this morning since I would be driving. I am just worried about returning to work on the 28th if I can't even manage a day out with my kiddos. I cant afford to not go back because I am out of paid time since maternity leave was only 18mo ago. Don't know what I will do if I am not released to return to work. Thank for giving me a chance to vent and being good listeners.
Unread 09-18-2010, 09:31 PM

I'm praying for ya. I hope they can give you some answers and fast.
Unread 09-18-2010, 09:45 PM

Sorry to hear you are suffering too. We all have our different recoveries, some good, some bad, but its so wonderful to have the unending support here no matter what. Best wishes to quick answers and speedy healing. Hugs.
Unread 09-19-2010, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watata View Post
Well ct showed a fluid collection but they said it is normal for the surgery i had and should resolve on its own. White cell count although still on the high end is going down so they think I am finally on the right antibiotics. Still waiting for blood cultures will be a few days. Switched my pain mess to see if I can get relief. Said they would continue to monitor but at least nothing major. They think a few more days and once this infection is wiped I will feel better.
This sounds very similar to what they found with me except the abscess found a way out. My Dr also saids these pools of fluid are normal but realize they can become and abscess like I had. Hopefully the meds they have you on now will keep it from getting any worse and you will feel better. Did they give you anything for the nausea?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register