Dizzy? Too much activity? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dizzy? Too much activity? Dizzy? Too much activity?

Unread 09-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Dizzy? Too much activity?

Today is Sunday and I had the DiVinci on Tuesday. I've been feeling dizzy today and I'm wondering if this is because I've been overdoing it a little bit? I've been up and down the stairs quite a bit and managed a trip to the store yesterday. Could my dizziness be related to too much activity? My husband is very supportive but I feel guilty making him my hyster servant when we have 2 little ones he has to look after as well. Had anyone experienced the dizziness post surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Re: Dizzy? Too much activity?

Sounds like you have been doing too much to me. Are you anemic by any chance or did you lose a lot of blood during the surgery? That could be a source of your dizziness or it could be that the meds that they used during surgery are not yet out of your system. You need to rest and let your body heal.
Unread 09-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Hi there, sounds like you may be trying too much too soon. Have you taken your temperature? Dizziness could be a sign of an infection or a change in your blood pressure. Take things easy and get checked over by a gp just in case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2011, 05:11 PM

I don't feel feverish but I will take my temperature. There was not a lot of blood loss to my knowledge. I feel okay but I think it might be a warning sign of doing too much too fast. I guess I'll just have to get over my guilt and start ordering the hubby around. Thanks, ladies!!
Unread 09-03-2011, 05:19 PM

I had the daVinci last Friday and tried to do a very short outing on Tuesday (to the grocery store with mom, a mile away), and by the time I got into the store, I had to go sit in the car and was "down and out" for the rest of the day. I was so woozy and lightheaded, but that was really the only day I felt that way. I feel great just hanging around the house, but when I go out, it's too much. I tried another outing yesterday and even at a week post op, was too much. I started feeling woozy and unsteady, a little nauseous. I think it's all part of the healing process. I tend to have low blood pressure to begin with, so, I'm sure that doesn't help. Today I just rested at home, increased my activity a bit, helped with dinner, did some very light housework. I might try another small outing tomorrow. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!
Unread 09-03-2011, 05:46 PM

I had my LAVH almost a month ago, and have had dizziness off and on since 4 days post op. I am currently on a vertigo med since the dizziness was also coupled with nausea and sometimes vomiting. If resting doesn't stopthe dizzy, then pu a call into your doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register