Back at work - 8 weekers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back at work - 8 weekers Back at work - 8 weekers

Unread 05-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Back at work - 8 weekers

I went back to work last week 7 weeks post op and I managed to do my full time hours for the entire week. I do a clerical job so was able to sit much of the time with walking outside every couple of hours for a cigarette and also the normal walking from my desk to the photo copier and the fax machine. My boss and co workers (all male) were great with their support when I returned. I know now why. The files are a mess and I felt like I did when I got home from the hospital. Like a bomb had hit the place.

Anyway I was proud of myself for coping with a full days work. Up until going back to work I still had the insomia and wanted an afternoon nap. Since returning back to work I now sleep well at night and the wanting an afternoon nap seems to have gone. Friday night I was exhausted and soon fell into bed early in the evening and slept a total of 12 hours.

My appetite is still not back to normal yet although I am not complaining as I am a BBW and the weight loss has been fantastic. When I do eat I eat healthy food and there is now no junk food in the house either. So that helps. My poor friends when they come over now have to bring their own biccies, chips etc if they want them..

I was wondering how the other 8 weekers are going and how you are coping.

Roni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Back at work - 8 weekers

I was eight weeks last Thursday (the 4th). I went back to work after five weeks and did OK. I was sore and tired every day and slept very well! Things are pretty much back to normal except for a spotting issue that I'm going in for tomorrow. The nurse says probably scar tissue tearing or granulation. Hope it's nothing! She says the doctor will probably "touch things up in there". I'm not exactly sure what that means but I think it will probably be a silver nitrate treatment, that seems to be the general course of action from what I've read here.

Other than that I'm well and so far very happy I did this!! I'm glad to hear another's good news and hope to hear more!
Unread 05-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Back at work - 8 weekers

I'll be 8 weeks Wednesday and have to say I'm doing pretty good, except for the swelly belly. I work from home and went back to work at 3 weeks because I was going bonkers. That first week back I could only sit at my computer about a half hour at a time. I actually went out with the girls for Cinco de Mayo and did some dancing....felt great! Hope others are doing well also.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register